Pc game Collecting

Do you collect PC games?

Yeah but only the disks, so I can play em later.
19%
Yeah but only Tex games
5%
A little, I have some boxes and games But I am not that into it.
52%
Nope, I sell or trade em after I am done.
No votes
Officially no thats childish. (dont tell anyone but perhaps a little)
No votes
Why yes I do! And frankly not just do I collect but I belong to PC game aholics aswell.
24%

Total votes: 21

As some of you already know I am a hopeless collector of PC games. I was wondering how many others are bitten by the same bug.
:lol:
I consider myself a freak....

I even have all of the original boxes of all my games.
It's really a fire-hazard in my home, not even mentioning my comic collection.
The games themselves are the main point for me. If there's no box or manual I'm happy as long as I can play the game.
People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed
-Bob Dylan
Vae Victis wrote:I consider myself a freak....

I even have all of the original boxes of all my games.
It's really a fire-hazard in my home, not even mentioning my comic collection.

Allas I was like you..... Until I got married, thats why the great purge of 1997 happend. :cry: And again in 1999. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

My wife is just about ready to commit me at this point. I have over 100 game boxes (most of the large type), and an additional 250 games on CD. At last count I think I have something like 300-400 cd's, 2 pc's and drawers full of mice, joysticks, gamepads ect..

Frankly I have had more fun collecting lately than playing the darn things. I think as I get older and as PC games continue their downward spiral I might end up just a collector.

Those of you who said you were collectors, what do you collect and why?
For some strange reasons I just tend to keep the boxes for games I buy. Don't really go to any trouble in trying to build a collection or anything.
I think I still have Space Quest V on 5.25" floppy tucked away somewhere!
Well, I just collect games which I would like to play. Over the last few years I've managed to get my hands on most of what I've wanted. Now I've got a complete Journeyman Project series! I wish I could find Blair Witch vol. 1: Rustin Parr somewhere...
People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed
-Bob Dylan
I LOVE having the official copies and boxes... and with the Tex series, I don't think I could EVER part with the boxes! Tthey are one of the first things I would take with me in the case of a fire! :lol:

I dunno why they are so priceless to me...

-Cub. =o)
And ofcourse I've still got the boxes for UAKM, PD and TMO. I've even kept the cardboard slip that held UAKM and PD together in the twin pack and the little flashing red light for TMO.
I love ALL: boxes, manuals, games themselves(floppy or cd). I am a REAL gamer !

Alex Bark.
I'm a semi-gamer. I love the feeling of buying a new game I've been waiting for. I enjoy my small collection, of course, but I guess I really do see the joy in having the box, the manual, the cds, and so forth. So, I guess I'm probably a collector at heart, but I just haven't decided to collect as much as could/should.

~Keck
I think i'm starting to understand the allure of PC game collecting, especially the older titles.

I visited a shop over here the other day that installs mod chips cause i have an American PS2. I noticed they had a used PC game section and decided to take a look. They had Zork: Nemesis and Zork: Grand Inquisitor for $25 all up. I grabbed them immediatly! I would have grabbed the box of Alone in the Dark 2 but it was on floppy disk and i no longer have a floppy drive.

So now my boxed collection includes those Zork games as well as Overseer, UAKM and Sam and Max.

Getting back to my original point, i'm discovering what boxes can mean because i bought a copy of Gabriel Knight 3 off of ebay thinking it was the original boxed and when it arrived, it was some slash re-release. It annoyed me more than a little.
Here is why my wife is ready to commit me.

I am very jealous of your awesome looking collection. Especially that you have a copy of Laura Bow 2: Dagger of Amon Ra.

I've been trying to get a copy of that game for a while now.
Wow, very nice collection you've got there, McD. :shock:

What I'm especially jealous of, is your collection of original boxes. I probably have hundreds of games in my collection, however only a few of them are still in their original boxes. Unfortunately, I don't have the room to keep boxes of my games around the house, so I have to stick with the jewel cases themselves and the documentation. I have thrown at least 100 or more boxes throughout the years. You see, when I was younger I really didn't think much of the boxes and never realized their value. I also didn't trade or sell many of my games and so didn't have much need for the boxes. Thankfully, almost every game I buy nowadays (not a lot), I try to keep the boxes, all stacked up in my closet collecting dust.
Hello Atomicvegetable !
You want : "Laura Bow 2: Dagger of AmonRa" ?

Alex Bark.