Wanna fill me in?

Mitt that all sounds very exciting. It's good to meet you as well. Am I the only one who hasn't finished the game yet?
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
Guilty.

Damned plasma balls kill me and I AM hiding in the nooks. Just not well enough.

I haven't beaten the megamachine in Steamworld Dig either. Seriously, like you have to destroy 5 generators 3 times before you can win? Nasty odds, just nasty.

Swedish game makers are sadistic beings. Kinda wished I met one in person when I was single years ago...
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
Silvermitt, would you like a handy little "cheat" to get past those plasma balls?
I had trouble with those, too and learned that I needed to speed up when running. Was it the "shift" key that got Tex running? I don't remember, but maybe someone here will.
The cheat is something else. Mwahahaha!
Yes, Shift+Walk = Run.
I think there was another "cheat" around the fireballs. If you hit the escape key to bring up the menu it goes by without killing you. It wasn't my cheat, someone else told me about it. Confirm?
Jen wrote:I think there was another "cheat" around the fireballs. If you hit the escape key to bring up the menu it goes by without killing you. It wasn't my cheat, someone else told me about it. Confirm?
Absolutely Jen, that does work.
AWESOME!

I'll bet those who had that little AHA! moment (without being told) were thrilled.

Going to be finishing the game this week then while the kids at Grandma's house. Got a little To-Do list: make my son two costumes ( Birthday upcoming) a Tex Murphy and a Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi, pack up Christmas, and find a place for all those damned legos. Santa is a mean little old elf. Sure the kids love him for it, but I personally think he has a grudge against me as I swore I'd never be vacuuming up the scattered legos all over the house. And what does my kids get: enough legos to build a newer, bettter house than the one we live in currntly! ;)

LOL!
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
Jen, I was the one who found it by accident when my finger "hiccuped" over the right mouse and brought up the menu. You were sooo po'd that you hadn't done it and had to fight the fireballs and the tunnel creature. That's the cheat I was was thinking of, Silvermitt. Hope it helped you.
Tex Murphy, what's this all about?
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
When Tex is in danger of being hit with fireballs or by a monster, hit the right mouse button to bring up the menu and the monster and fireballs will pass you by. No dodging needed. :)
Yes, it's a flaw in the game's design, but a handy one 8)
Hope everyone is well. It's been a few years. What's new?
Travis Jacobs

Wow. I just decided to check in today (haven't been on this message board in a while). Anything new with anyone?
Not with me; I've got only "old guy" stuff. One good thing, though: Last Dec. 21 my wife and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary. Working on the next 50 now.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Wow, Congrats to you and Mrs. JTOG !

All the best to both of you :D