Random Tesla Effect thoughts [SPOILERIFFIC]

Interesting how Tex says his real name is James Tiberius when he's supposed to have been "J.T." Donnelly in a past life.

I went peeking through the video files in the game's folder, and saw several entries for Pandora Directive memories that I never found. Like getting beamed up into the UFO, for example. Did I miss some items somewhere, or did they just not get added into the game (yet)?

I find it interesting that the paths are now determined not by morality or selfishness/selflessness, but instead by which woman you choose to pursue. I wondered if this could be considered sexist. Morality systems in games are rather tired and played out, sure, but again, those other games don't handle it as well as Pandora Directive did. I'd like to see a return to that style in the next game, where we get to choose between a "Tex" path, a "Donnelly" path, or a combination/middle-of-the-road path. I'd also like the paths to diverge a bit more.

[A path]

It's easy to assume that in the previous 7 years, Tex did something awful and lost Chelsee, turning him even further towards the dark side. But I think it'd be far more interesting (and surprising) if Chelsee betrayed him to save herself. Either way, I think the events of TE would still hold, and I think that video Chelsee made is going to be very important in the next game.

I love that they had Louie there at the end - that's one of those little touches in the writing that is simply SO perfect that I had to stop and admire AC's incredible skill. Also, the actor who plays Louie (Randall Edwards?) doesn't get nearly enough credit for his performance. I wrote a review where I had the chance to give him that credit, and I failed. He's as much of a reason that Louie is so well-loved as the writing, directing, or anything else.

I assumed that I would be initially wary of Taylor, and I was, but I was surprised at how bad I felt letting her go. She may be flirty and straightforward like Regan, but she actually genuinely cared for Tex. So I assumed her ending would be almost as satisfying as Chelsee's....and it wasn't. Their banter was really, really funny, but the whole thing felt short and over quickly. And if that's true, I don't know why so many women would be interested in Tex in the first place - HEYOOOO!

Also, when she stops Manwicz from arresting Tex, she claims she has witnesses for the Tesla slaughter. Um, who? Unless Johannsen himself offered to turn in the team he himself hired, there aren't any witnesses left.

[C path]

Boy, those sewers are awfully empty, aren't they? I was sure there'd be some more detritus around Tex could comment on, but I found a whole lot of nothing. Tex coming across that filthy Playbub or the old, disarmed bomb that was attached to Emily's puzzle box could've been amusing.

-------------------------

That's everything that's floating through my head. Haven't seen the ending of Path C yet, so I might have more to add later.

Pantsless Aaron
Tex - "Was the picture of me flattering at least?"
Lucia - "Is that even possible?"