Tesla Effect gets a publisher...

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/08/sleuth ... -adventure

So far, nothing on the official site, but the new screen shots look legit. :)
Definitely legit and the confirmation that the game will be on Steam in an official statement is great news. There are literally millions of people who login to Steam everyday. I wonder how much a store front promo costs :)
I just read the Kickstarter announcement about the partnership. I'm stunned! This is amazing.

Being a JRPG fan I've bought a number of games published by Atlus like Disgaea, Persona 3, Growlanser: Heritage of War etc. And I loved Odin Sphere from Vanillaware, which is apparently made up of ex-Atlus employees.

I don't know much about them outside of that but I definitely recognise the name. Marketing was an area that apparently Pandora Directive etc. lost out on, so it's great news that Tesla Effect will possibly fair better through the channels of such a known publisher.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
I think this is good news. Hopefully it will help get Telsa Effect to a wider audience so everyone can enjoy the awesomeness that is Tex.
It's brilliant news and it was great seeing some more screenshots and have definite confirmation on Steam release and Mac compatibility!

:wink: :D
"When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas." Jean Harlow
This just gets more and more exciting. :D
Only if the the publisher didn't put significant restrictions on TE. I think the purpose of Double Fine's Kickstarter was to give publishers the boot.
Bjyman wrote:Only if the the publisher didn't put significant restrictions on TE. I think the purpose of Double Fine's Kickstarter was to give publishers the boot.
The point was to give the publisher funding model -- wherein publishers pay for everything and then keep almost all the money -- the boot.

Just because Atlus will be supporting this game does not change that. This is an independently financed game bringing a publisher on to distribute and promote the game late in the development cycle. Since they're not taking the publisher's money, and since they don't need the publisher in order to get the game made, they have a lot more leverage, and they'll keep their IP, creative control, and have to share a much smaller amount of the profits.

Several other Kickstarters have done this. Wasteland 2 is being published by Deep Silver. Takedown is being published by 505. The point of Kickstarter is not that publisher's are evil and need to be destroyed, it's that they're risk averse and don't allow developers to do what they want.
Maybe, but the purpose of the Tex Kickstarter was to finally have the money to make a Tex game, not to necessarily do away with publishers. I think a publisher is fine. I'm glad it's a smaller, yet well known publisher. Would've hated to see it end up with the likes of EA.

Considering Atlus approached BFG, I'm sure it will be okay. The reason they wanted it was because they are fans and even backed the project. I'm hopeful that will keep too many restrictions off of BFG and possibly some extra fan insight as well.
Even beyond the marketing, I think having access to Atlus' QA is going to be a big help. A company like Big Finish simply cannot QA a game of this size.

This really was the move to make if we want to have any hope of this game selling and seeing another.
Things may have gotten to me. I'm sure it was a great deal.