Back from BFG

I am a day returned from my time on the set of the new Tex Murphy game. I already miss it so. I definitely recommend working on a film set at least once in your life. The things to see, the people to meet are all top-notch(definitely here, hopefully in other cases). To all worried peoples, worry not, there shall be nothing bigger or better for the world once the game is released excepting, perhaps, if/until another one gets made. It was an amazing experience, at both times extremely tiring and highly exhilarating and something I shall never forget without the help of a concise Tex-style blow to the head.
"The real world is bizarre enough for me." - Blue Öyster Cult
So jealous of all the big money backers that got to go. It's pretty incredible the extent to which BFG opened their doors and brought the fans in.

Without brekaing the NDA or giving away any spoilers, is there anything you can tell us about how the game is shaping up?
Not really, except it's shaping up like a Michelangelo sculpture. There is so much skill and passion going into it that I feel it should be part of a new kind of electronic art museum.
Well at least you're not overselling it. ;)
No more than it deserves. :)
Yeah, I couldn't really get more excited for this anyway, nor am I particularly concerned, but it's still satisfying to have it affirmed periodically.
Yeah...the filming was everything I had hoped it would be and more. Aaron and Adrian worked so hard to make the script and filming perfect. Ade says it's the best Tex story ever. I wholeheartedly agree.

I also agree about the exhausting. There were very long days....very emotional and of course the hurry up and wait, and hurry hurry hurry. :lol: Ade is tireless, or was... HAHA!
I hope you guys all got signed copies of the script! 8)
Really is great to see you all involved in the process. Of all the years spent waiting and hoping, I don't think we could've asked for a better scenario for Tex's comeback, all things considered.

Sure, nearly fifteen years were "wasted", being Texless and all, but it would've never come to this without this crazy hiatus.

Now let's just wish there are a few more to come!
Part-Time Nomad
Worried? Who could possibly be worried? This is going to be great!

Thanks for the (non-spoiler) update :^)
Frank wrote:Really is great to see you all involved in the process. Of all the years spent waiting and hoping, I don't think we could've asked for a better scenario for Tex's comeback, all things considered.

Sure, nearly fifteen years were "wasted", being Texless and all, but it would've never come to this without this crazy hiatus.
Yeah, we all watched our hopes and expectations for the series dwindle over the years, from a true sequel to Pandora, to an action-adventure game, to an online game, to casual game... 6 months before the Kickstarter, we were down to waiting for a novel, with all hope of a game pretty much gone.

Now we're not only getting a real adventure game, but we're getting a beefed up version to the original successor to Pandora Directive that we were hoping for in the first place. You really couldn't ask for more than that.
I sent a post for the blog on the BFG site. Never done one before, probably sucks, memories of the days faded a bit(or were too hectic to sort through). maybe it'll be OK, though.
Aaron, if you're reading this, we still want a novel! :mrgreen:
Ian Regan wrote:Aaron, if you're reading this, we still want a novel! :mrgreen:
He knows! :lol:
Great! Now, if I could only just convince him to novelize Overseer . . . :twisted: :mrgreen: