Martian Memoradum

Hi guys

I never really got a chance to play this old Tex game and frankly with it being kind of scarce and very old now I seriously doubt I ever will.

Has anyone ever played the game? If would you be willing to tell the story of the game for those of us who would like to know but probably never will I think a lot of us would like that. (at least I would anyway)

:D
Me and Val were in the stage of making a remake of the game a few years ago, but it kind of got put off for now. We never really got much done. We got a bit of the script done, and I had our artist make a 3D model of Tex for the game. We also were exploring different engines and such, but it never really did make it off the ground. Perhaps if Valynis is about and has any free time coming up, we could look into the possibility of reviving the project... maybe not as a full 3d game, but perhaps we can looks at other possibilities. Val you around?
"Passion doesn't just happen... You make it grow".
Last edited by Alexander on February 28, 2006 • 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi Mc !

You are wrong: you have a chance to play old games with Tex Murphy.

Alex Bark.
Oh, I absolutely recommend Martian Memorandum. It just has one very bad chance of ending up in a deadend situation. Bad designers! Without giving too much away: when you are at the murder site, kick the bucket.

I also recommend giving Mean Streets a try. Pretty good plot there too, and it's interesting to see all the differences to Overseer. You ask me, the arcade game in Overseer got the action sequence wrong.

It shouldn't be too difficult to get these games running. There's plenty of abandonware sites around plus DOSBox.
People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed
-Bob Dylan
Crowley wrote:Oh, I absolutely recommend Martian Memorandum. It just has one very bad chance of ending up in a deadend situation. Bad designers! Without giving too much away: when you are at the murder site, kick the bucket.
Ah yes, the problem I ran into... I never finished Martian Memorandum because of that! I was just walking around all the locations on Mars trying to figure out what to do then I read a walkthrough, and read I was meant to do something at the murder scene, then Mac Malden will contact you on Mars or something. This never happened, and I was so annoyed. Ah well... That's what you get for not looking at everything!

That's like in Pandora on Gamers Mode you can get stuck in Jackson Cross's office cause u trip the silent alarm when u enter the office and the guard is always waiting for you when u exit.
Last edited by Alexander on February 28, 2006 • 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris !
I can help you with Martian Memorandum and Pandora Directive.
I have FULL walkthroughs.
Contact me and I'll send you walkthroughs.

Alex Bark.
I don't need a walkthrough... I said I got stuck on MM years ago when I first played it and found out why by looking at a walkthrough.

As for Pandora Directive. I've beaten it about 1000 times since 1996!
As you wish, Chris. Perhaps I misunderstood you.
You have said: you stuck in Martian Memorandum. I completed it.
You stuck in Pandora Directive on Gamer mode. I completed it with all
4000 game points.
Think again, Chris. I can help you. My help will cost you nothing. It's for
free. Or you afraid to give me your emai address ? Don't be afraid:I won't
tell anyone. Nobody check my computer. Only me. ONLY. You can trust me.
But if you don't trust russians, try this: http://www.uhs-hints.com

Think again, Chris. You'll loose nothing.

Alex Bark.
I've actually not played martian memorandum, well not all the way through. But, I think I'll sit down and play it soon enough.

~Keck
Alex Bark wrote:As you wish, Chris. Perhaps I misunderstood you.
You have said: you stuck in Martian Memorandum. I completed it.
You stuck in Pandora Directive on Gamer mode. I completed it with all
4000 game points.
Think again, Chris. I can help you. My help will cost you nothing. It's for
free. Or you afraid to give me your emai address ? Don't be afraid:I won't
tell anyone. Nobody check my computer. Only me. ONLY. You can trust me.
But if you don't trust russians, try this: http://www.uhs-hints.com

Think again, Chris. You'll loose nothing.

Alex Bark.
As I've said many times before in this thread.... I have already finished Pandora Directive over 1000 times since 1996... which means I have gotten to the end... Nor do I need help with Martian Memorandum anymore as I said afew years ago when I "was" playing it I got stuck... I'm not anymore, cause I don't even have it installed on my computer anymore... I don't need your help cause I have beaten Pandora, and I know what I did wrong on Martian Memorandum all those years ago... I'm not scared of giving out my email address, I just don't need to.
Hey,

Maybe somebody had this problem also.
I'm playing Matrian Memorandum under DosBox. After getting the Comlink (at the beginning of the game) I'm seeing .. and nothing happens.

I tried to press every key on the keyboard but it doesn't help.
The game doesn't hang, because i'm able to exit it (CTRL-Q i think).

Any idea how to solve this problem?

W.
Hmmm maybe the movies won't play that are in Martian Memorandum.. There's not many, but there is one or two little movies, and i think some are on the comlink?
I'm having the same problem with Martian Memorandum as greenender mentioned: The game comes to a halt after getting the Comlink - It starts out with the cut scene and the girl saying "Hi, Tex" and then it freezes! - Please help!!

Thanks, Rem
Yeah thats the problem :) If somebody finds a solution please write :)
I found that you don't have to use DOSbox to run Martian Memorandum on XP. Just open the Martian folder, and double click on the mm.exe file. The only thing is, you can't get the MIDI music, but otherwise the sound is OK! If you wanted you could save your game after opening the Comlink, and then switch back to DOSbox and open the saved game to continue - That's if you really wanted the MIDI. Otherwise the game runs just fine without using DOSbox.

Rem :D