Which actors do you want to see return?

Trilaan wrote:Well, after the job I've had for the last few years I don't take too well to that kind of attitude, just so you know. Alright, now that we got that out of the way. Friends?
I've never wanted anything but from the people here... Sadly my personality has made some waves though, along with my spouting off of misinformation because I failed to do some research on certain topics... I've made my apologies, but if they refuse to accept it I can't do much more about that... So as an unspoken truce I think those unmentioned and myself just tend to try and avoid each other...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Baf, since we're on the subject, and if you don't mind, let me tell you how I see it from an observer point of view.

You do, as you clearly stated, have a "fiery, spicy" point of view on things, and whether you like to cause controversy or not, it clearly follows you around. From post, to post, to post, to post. You can't go back on this board, and find too many post lines that you are in involved in that someone doesn't take exception with something you say. As you say, it's just your personality, and I can dig that.

To me, man, you're a personality. You're pointed, you're true to your beliefs, and you're not afraid to let people know about it. I respect that, personally, and I'm sure that everyone who's ever had an "online chatboard tussle" with you does as well. Because if you look back at every argument, one can see that they're just arguments. There are no FU's, Or GTFO's, or any of that garbage. Just heated debate. Some shy away from it, and some revel in it.

I tend to shy away from it, so I indeed do not usually respond to you sometimes. Doesn't mean I dislike you or anything. I just dislike being involved in heated debate. Especially on the Tex Murphy boards where I'm looking for a more "relaxed, kicked back" atmosphere.

When people *do* respond to you, and I may be wrong on this, but it's just an observation, it seems they read the same things I do, get the little "why da F did he just say that omfg" response, and go for the throat. Sometimes they post what I'm thinking and don't have the kahonies to post myself. We're all people on here, with a range of different emotions and backgrounds. Some of us are easily offended. Some of us aren't expecting the responses we get sometimes, and quite frankly some people expect a culturally sensitive, polite response each and everytime they have an argument that irks someone. And it's just not feasible.

I'm not putting anyone else down, or you for that matter. Although I don't always respond to your posts Baf, I always read them. Your personality notwithstanding (and arguably it's not the most agreeable in the world ;-) ), your viewpoint is always respected here bud. Just the delivery sometimes ... ya know? Aeyyyyy!

Don't change man.
I'm not fat ... I'm festively plump.
Mr. Thomas Malloy wrote:Baf, since we're on the subject, and if you don't mind, let me tell you how I see it from an observer point of view.

You do, as you clearly stated, have a "fiery, spicy" point of view on things, and whether you like to cause controversy or not, it clearly follows you around. From post, to post, to post, to post. You can't go back on this board, and find too many post lines that you are in involved in that someone doesn't take exception with something you say. As you say, it's just your personality, and I can dig that.

To me, man, you're a personality. You're pointed, you're true to your beliefs, and you're not afraid to let people know about it. I respect that, personally, and I'm sure that everyone who's ever had an "online chatboard tussle" with you does as well. Because if you look back at every argument, one can see that they're just arguments. There are no FU's, Or GTFO's, or any of that garbage. Just heated debate. Some shy away from it, and some revel in it.

I tend to shy away from it, so I indeed do not usually respond to you sometimes. Doesn't mean I dislike you or anything. I just dislike being involved in heated debate. Especially on the Tex Murphy boards where I'm looking for a more "relaxed, kicked back" atmosphere.

When people *do* respond to you, and I may be wrong on this, but it's just an observation, it seems they read the same things I do, get the little "why da F did he just say that omfg" response, and go for the throat. Sometimes they post what I'm thinking and don't have the kahonies to post myself. We're all people on here, with a range of different emotions and backgrounds. Some of us are easily offended. Some of us aren't expecting the responses we get sometimes, and quite frankly some people expect a culturally sensitive, polite response each and everytime they have an argument that irks someone. And it's just not feasible.

I'm not putting anyone else down, or you for that matter. Although I don't always respond to your posts Baf, I always read them. Your personality notwithstanding (and arguably it's not the most agreeable in the world ;-) ), your viewpoint is always respected here bud. Just the delivery sometimes ... ya know? Aeyyyyy!

Don't change man.
Appreciated and much respected... 8)
As I said, the Spice isn't there by accident... The training was offered to me and I accepted it, I have been doing it so long now that it IS who I am... I like to call myself the Triple B, I'm a Blunt Brutal Brute... lol
Most days I spend 12 to 16 hours reading reports, but then there are days where I spend 10 hours or more just arguing...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

What line of work did you get this training for, Baf?

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Let me say this once out loud, I agree with baf,

out with the old & in with the new, I don't care to see beek or pug again while they fitted into UAKM they didn't in pandora or overseer.

I would like to see slade as he would have on of the best characters ever introduced into the series, doesn't matter how many times I play overseer I still shake when ever I am near him
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
I'd like to see all the Chandler Ave "regulars" in the new game, like someone put, those that are still with us and their character was not killed off. Having James Earl Jones as the voice that tells Murph how he died and sending him back into the game is a good way to keep the game flowing and is entertaining.

What I'd not like to see is the new "severly mutated" Morlocks means-streets portion of Chandler Ave be made into some kind of First-Person Shooter (FPS). Games within games get my vote but I stink at those things and would never be able to finish the game if it was necessary. Besides, the bouncing walk makes me nausious, but it's been a long while since last FPS so maybe they've fixed that.
Fred Buer wrote:What line of work did you get this training for, Baf?

-Fred
I'm an Interrogator of sorts... I'm not in any way a spook or spy or anything like that, but what I do is for the government and not always for public knowledge... That's about all I can really say without violating any oaths or contracts that I've signed... I use to be more of a paperwork man, decipher this or that, break this or that down to layman terms... A lot of BS work that someone has to do... One day a co-worker and I got into it about something that he was denying and the conversation was being viewed by a few people and he admitted to certain points of the disagreement without really knowing that he had, the next week I was taken into a meeting and asked if I wanted some specialized training for a different department and it all went from there...

I still do a lot of paperwork though, still loads of reports to go through... The whole photographic memory ordeal works really well in jobs like this, because when you're discussing a 50 page report with someone, usually the one who wrote it, you don't have to keep flipping through pages to find something you're trying to reference... It's a good way to keep people off guard, because while you're flipping through the pages to find what you want it gives people a chance to recompose themselves or think up this or that...

I've been with the new department for about 3 years now and I've already got 6 people beneath me... But it can also burn you out, which is why I'm considering retirement within the next few years... Spending so many hours at work is very taxing... I've got things I want to do... Government life is very draining on your regular life...

@Bafitis Interesting line of work there.

To sum it up I don't think mutants are getting ignored this game because of the Morlocks. UAKM Beek could fit in there although he really isn't the mean type. Even with the Morlocks the game can still have a serious feel. You just got to create enough serious elements such as tense music to counter.
Yeah, I think that with Pandora, it just tended to focus on the Mutants who are established enough to be able to work and live among other Mutants earning a living etc. But Beek and others of his kind couldn't get a job and felt that even other Mutants would be prejudiced against him it seems so he stuck to the shadows and became an informant. Overseer we saw even less perhaps because there was no Chandler and it was more set in New San Francisco, there were very few Mutants in general I think in Overseer compared to Pandora.

Now that we are getting some "severely mutated" citizens of Old SanFrancisco I think some heavily mutated ones won't be far-fetched on the spectrum. If the Mutant Mart is added a few of them could be looking for charity handouts out there.

This isn't just about Beek though for me, though he'd be an entertaining character to see if handled well and if his mutation is "updated" a bit than just a full mask (as others said the "finally found a better surgeon" excuse could work). Beek was closer to civilisation since he hung near Coit Tower but there might be other quirky Mutants that have unusual deformities that make them feel like outcasts in every society, including other Mutants, who have info on the shadowy underbelly of San Francisco as a whole but remain more well hidden. They could maybe hang out in far out regions beyond where the severely mutated live giving Tex a reason to get through there (preferably stealth missions than shootouts or combat) and find them for good info. They are going to have to do some creative mutation grafting to make the "severely mutated" look right so with that in mind they could be prepared to do some "heavily mutated" ones.

A Ferengi from Star Trek as an example with "elephant-like" ears:
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
plumgas wrote:out with the old & in with the new, I don't care to see beek or pug again while they fitted into UAKM they didn't in pandora or overseer.
I don't think you have to worry about seeing Pug again. The last time we saw him, his head was at the morgue floating in a jar of formaldehyde :)
yeah poor pug but as I watch days of our lives I see stefano rise from the ashes many times........ :lol: :lol:
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
We could always have Pug's body make a cameo :) I'm a heavy debator too come to think of it.
If Tex was haunted by the dead in his past I'm not sure there'd be much space left for Tex in his office :lol:

EDIT: I'm now envisioning lots of Star Wars-style ghostly holograms in Tex's office. :shock:
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Pug is a non-issue, his story-arch is done with. The most we'll hear of him is exactly that - hear of him. A reference mentioned in a line of dialogue somewhere. And that may only be if we click the right object at the right time. But I think that would've been it.

Beek is another matter, as his story-arch is still an open question. And since it's one of Doug Vandegrift's characters, they can easily use him for whatever they want to. Plus, and I mean no disrespect to DV as I say this - it's probably cheaper to use Beek than hire someone else to play the part of a Chandler Ave. snitch. Budgets, people, budgets!

And for my own part, I'd love to see more diverse work out of mr. Vandegrift! Rook is fine, Rook is awesome! But we know the man can do more than just the crusty old WWIII-veteran!

Also, on a totally randomly different note. Baf? Are you allowed to tell us which branch of the government you work for? Or is it all on the Q.T..? Off the record? Very... Hush-hush?

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Fred Buer wrote:Also, on a totally randomly different note. Baf? Are you allowed to tell us which branch of the government you work for? Or is it all on the Q.T..? Off the record? Very... Hush-hush?
We usually leave it with "I work for the Government"... lol
It's not really a branch though, FBI, CIA, DEA, etc, are all just Agencies or Departments really... They can answer to any of the 3 branches at any given time depending on the circumstances... They could be hauled into court to face the Judaical branch while being called into Congress to answer questions for the Legislative Branch and usually the heads of these Agencies are appointed by the Executive Branch and submit daily and/or weekly reports to the Executive Branch... It's all one big machine and sometimes we don't want to know what happens in the basement...