New computer with xp can't run dosbox0.63

Hi everybody
I'm a first time user of this message board and I am really happy to have found such an informative group of Tex fans. I only hope someone has a solution for the problem I'm having. Here's what happening:

I have windows xp and I'm trying to play Pandora using dosbox, but every time I try to start dosbox my screen goes blank with the following message: "video mode not supported". Can somebody please help me with this?
Thank you very much,
Erica
I'm sure someone can help you here! Alas, I am not he. But everyone's eager to help, provided they actually see your post. Within a week, hopefully someone will help you, so keep checking back!
To add to JD's post, we warmly welcome you to our international Tex community. Please feel free to post anytime.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
I'm guessing your video card/chip doesn't support the screen resolution in Dosbox's config file. Just a guess, I'm no Dosbox expert as I don't often use it. Find out what make and model your graphics device is and post back - and welcome. Please sit down and make yourself at home.
Thanks for the nice welcome! :D It's really appreciated :D

i'm_melting_i'm_melting wrote:
"Find out what make and model your graphics device is"

In the Device Manager my Display adapter is listed as Radeon 9200 Series. And my monitor is listed as Imagequest Q15 I hope this is what you were referring to as "graphics device".

Thank you!
Erica
Hmm. Resolutions here - http://www.ati.com/products/radeon9200/ ... specs.html - indicate you might want Dosbox set up as 640x480 at a minimum. Copy and paste the contents of the 'DOSBox.conf' file in your next post. That will show the resolution it's set up to run in.
i'm_melting_i'm_melting wrote:Hmm. Resolutions here - http://www.ati.com/products/radeon9200/ ... specs.html - indicate you might want Dosbox set up as 640x480 at a minimum. Copy and paste the contents of the 'DOSBox.conf' file in your next post. That will show the resolution it's set up to run in.
You're right!!!! I made the change to 640x480 in the dosbox.conf, and BINGO! Thank you so much, i'm_melting_i'm_melting.

And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! to you!!!

Erica
Congratulations - and happy new year wherever you are! You're most welcome.