Wishful thinking time... Actors/Actresses?

how about him?
The two that come immediately to mind are two of the greatest, most underappreciated (which always means cheap) character actors of all time:

Jeffrey Combs - Famous from the cult classic The Re-Animator

and

Brad Dourif - Famous for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and HUNDREDS of other roles from B movies to Blockbusters to Television, he's been in it all, and is a truly amazing actor.

I think both of these guys could bring a great deal of class and experience and just great character acting to the game, while also being castable given the game's budget.
Lindhorst wrote: Brad Dourif - Famous for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and HUNDREDS of other roles from B movies to Blockbusters to Television, he's been in it all, and is a truly amazing actor.
I've been sayin' it. I've been sayin it for ten damn years, ain't I been sayin it? Yeah I been sayin it :D :D I'd prolly plop a brick if they got Dourif.
I'm not fat ... I'm festively plump.
Bruce Campbell....nuff said.

Tex is a little bit like jello.
The names I've seen here that sound really good are: Mark Hamill, Bruce Campbell, and Christopher Walken. Some other actors that would also be really good IMO: Tim Curry, Christopher Lloyd, David Rasche, Bradley Whitford, and/or Anthony Michael Hall. Depending on schedule and cost, better to have a bigger pool of potential names to draw from.
Last edited by Trilaan on June 18, 2012 • 9:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tim Thomerson, shown here doing a stand-up routine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9TcGbaRC8A

And here as the Iron Sarge in Zone Troopers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvg9rnynXGI

Tim Thomerson in various TV roles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sge0sliKbdo

"One time when I was on a crew moving cattle south of Durango, we'd been out 14 maybe 15 days when Cookie, the old boy who cooked my grub, starts goin' all sideways cause Kenny, the bull who eats bullets, tells Cookie how bad the chow is. So Cookie beats him to death with a rock. Two days later I was so hungry, I ate a tree! And all I could say was thanks a lot, Kenny!"
"The real world is bizarre enough for me." - Blue Öyster Cult
vassilis wrote:Bruce Campbell....nuff said.
Colm Feore

Chiwetel Ejiofor
I'm hoping the budget for the game is enough to get this guy into it:

A terrific actor which makes for many possibilities. Villain, mutant, new Chandler Avenue local - anything.
I'll repeat here what I said on the KS forum (and Chris && Aaron said they would "add them to the list" for what that's worth)...

A lot of the Babylon 5 leads would be a great choice. They are quite good, and not as well-known as A-list actors (at least in the US). Among them:
Mira Furlan (also of Lost)
Peter Jurasik
Jerry Doyle

As always, a moment of silence should be observed for the late, great, Andreas Katsulas. He WOULD have been an A-list actor, had he not passed too early. The B5 series is worth watching just for what he does with G'kar. Someone else on KS put it nicely: "So few can master the combination of seriousness and whimsy."
Welcome to the board, fellow B5 fan! As I did on the KS comment thread, I completely second (fourth?) your nominations, for the same reasons. The interactions between Jurasik and Katsulas were so priceless; I think Jurasik especially would be so excellent for Tex's world in every way, but I can see Furlan and Doyle would be great for less comedic roles.
~ Member: Tex Murphy's Mutant League, Crazy 888's Chapter~
*Revitalizing Old San Francisco's Chandler Avenue District With Style*

(also known as Steve Douglas, but usually by people less awesome than UTMers)
Daryl Hannah and William Sanderson.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Ok, I'm going to toss my Fedora into the ring. Peter Dinklage cost way too much now, and his shooting schedule is probably packed. I say Michael J. Anderson. A well known genre character actor. Worked in Xfiles, Carnivale, etc. I think it would be interesting to have him in a position of power. Either as an owner of something, or as someone of sizeable importance. (ie Big Figure)

And he might be affrodable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_J._Anderson
Yes! I miss Carnivale. *sniff*
Kristin
"It's a three-sixty! *CRUNCH*....He's fouled..."
Fred Buer wrote:Daryl Hannah and William Sanderson.

-Fred
Blade Runner FTW.
~ Member: Tex Murphy's Mutant League, Crazy 888's Chapter~
*Revitalizing Old San Francisco's Chandler Avenue District With Style*

(also known as Steve Douglas, but usually by people less awesome than UTMers)