Idea to promote Fedora Kickstarter

Last edited by Chief05 on April 22, 2012 • 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unorthodox wrote:I've contacted PC Gamer North America and made sure they were aware of the kickstarter, hopefully they'll have it mentioned in one of their upcoming magazines.

In addition, I've gotten a hold of Richard Cobbett. He's a freelance game reviewer/writer who's written articles for a bunch of magazines. An upstanding fellow, he wrote an article for January's issue of PC Gamer North America about classics of PC gaming - Tex Murphy Pandora Directive edition.
Great idea! A printed article about Tex Murphy and the Kickstarter campaign would be very nice! Isn't Richard Cobbett the guy who writes the funny "Saturday Crapshoot" articles on the website? Maybe he could start a new series of articles, called "Saturday Legends" or something like that. Of course starting with Tex Murphy :D

Btw. "Rock, Paper, Shotgun", another popular online-magazine for PC-gaming already drew attention to the campaign, when it was announced. I hope they will continue to write about Tex when the campaign is running. But I'm surprised that Adventure-Gamers didn't write about it or did I miss something?
Well, and as for us Germans, I think we can always count on Adventure-Treff and Adventure Corner ;)

Another possible idea to promote the campaign would be to start a viral campaign. Some games, but I think mostly movies are advertised this way. Perhaps doing short videos in the vein of brimile's Textimonial or the "movie parts" from PantslessShorts' review, but without mentioning that it has something to do with Tex Murphy. Or some minimalistic pictures, etc. Just mysterious clues pointing at it, like a paper chase game (is that the right term? Here we call it "Schnitzeljagd" :-P). Then spread it out wherever you can. That way, people will become curious and are researching about it.
www/adventuregamers.com did write a story about the Project Fedora announcement. And also have a look at their hypo meter!
Tex Murphy: Australia
http://www.texmurphyaustralia.net/wp
Ah indeed! How could I miss that? :)
Thought I would see who is searching for Tex Murphy on Google, and here are the Trends: http://www.google.com/trends/?q=tex+murphy
These are the countries searching him the most:
1. Norway
2. Australia
3. Sweden
4. Netherlands
5. Canada
6. Belgium
7. United States
8. United Kingdom
9. France
10. Germany

I can't believe the US is only #7!
Cathy
*Brushes his fingernails against his shirt casually*

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
How many searches a day are you doing, Fred?
Damn you Fred... there's nothing worse than 2nd place! LOL!

Hey wait, just saw Sydney is is #1 city at least! Take that, Oslo!

But remember, those stats are "all time"... change it to "last 12 months" and you will find USA on top.

-Cub. =o)
All time. 'nuff said.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
lol, hey cub it must be facebook in sydney generating all this interest.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town