new to Mean Street need enlightment

ok, i have actually not have played any of the series' game all this time, and i am 28 years old, so you do the maths...
i came to know this game by accident, so i think hey, though i have never heard of it, lets try it anyway, to get those old moments and feeling you know?? and i always love a cyberpunk, anytime!!

anyway, i got a copy finally and started reading the menu, boy, it is a complex game, especially when i actually play it, you know!! and i constantly got the feeling some of the features in the game are a little bit redundant, especially in the speeder...

then i couldn't find any button of function to read the speeches i done with other characters/suspects, none of those fax, and i remembered reading the menu, and it said something about actually write those important info down like NC code and names and all details really.

So, i guess all these words lead to one simple question, you guys actually wrote all those stuffs down as you go through the game?? cause i was gonna play some games not actually being a detective, so if i would survive the game, then i should have a notepad with me as i am playing the game??(which i already have anyway....)

hope to shine me some enlightment

keith
sorry I can't help you as I didn't bother with the first 2 games that came out on floppy disk.
You can however get the other 3 later games from gog.

http://www.gog.com/en/catalogue (under tex murphy)
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
plumgas wrote:sorry I can't help you as I didn't bother with the first 2 games that came out on floppy disk.
You can however get the other 3 later games from gog.

http://www.gog.com/en/catalogue (under tex murphy)
i guess they are much better:) ?? yeah, the screenshot pretty cool, and i would believe the graphic be much better??

will dig in!

cheers!!
yes they are much better, contain Full motion video. Most people start with UAKM(under a killing moon & then The Pandora directive & last Overseer (remake of mean streets)

We can give you help with the last 3 with no worries.

Often gog have specials on, normal price is $10 per game
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
My first Tex game was actually the first one (Mean Streets), but gave up the moment I went to Cal Linsky's apartment. Then I got Under a Killing Moon, completed it, and enjoyed it that I actually gave MS another go.

The best one, in my opinion, is Pandora. You have to same FMV-type game as UAKM, but you also have multiple path forks and alternate endings.