Now I know how Moses must have felt

Oh, ye of little faith!

:-)

Bafitis, please don't take offense at Jen's spirited defense of me. It's all my fault!

I did, indeed, make the post on the Big Finish site. And, like most mysteries, the truth isn't nearly so interesting as the conjecture.

Just call me AC-TOG. My brain cramped and I forgot my password. With only a few minutes to squeeze the post in, I just created a new login. Of course the new login didn't give me administrative clearance, so I couldn't post in the "official" Big Finish section, which is why I put it in the Tex discussion area.

The reason I posted it on that site rather than here is because I felt bad about having ignored the other site for several months, not because I've lost any of my deep love and respect for you all. :-) Plus, I've seen that anything noteworthy posted at Big Finish gets over here pretty quickly!

The important thing is that I am, in fact, working on the long-awaited novel that picks up from the end of Overseer. Ideally, things will go as they did with The Pandora Directive novel, which (as Jen accurately described) was written first and adapted into the game script, as opposed to the UKM novel, which was written two years after the game was released (and featured much of my original storyline, which was changed in the finished game).

There's also the interactive radio theater project, which I'm quite excited about. As (I believe it was) Bjyman pointed out, there really is story context for Tex's stakeout outside a steakhouse, and this is the vignette of the IRT experience.

If anyone has questions about either of these projects (or Project Fedora, though you should know that things are still moving forward...but VERY VERY slowly, so there isn't much to report), I'll pop back in over the next few days and answer them as best I can.

Thanks again for your continuing interest and unflagging support. You're the best fans in the world! (And sorry for any unnecessary confusion :? ).

Aaron
LOL! Great news. Can't wait for you guys to get the band back together for some audio work!!
Thanks for laying our conspiracy theories to rest! :D
I apologize for my skepticism...
Good to hear things are moving in a positive motion for you guys... I look forward to the end result... Take care...
Ah well that's a great sigh of relief. I guess the simple solution was the correct one. I remember telling Lynne "surely if Aaron forgot his password he would have asked James to reset it for him". Haha.

Well finally we have some good news on this board again.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
This smacks of awesome! Consider me in anticipation-mode.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
well aaron it's okay now we know it was you. We were worried that someone was was trying to stir things up & using your name.

80Lbs gorillas does sound like you.......ha ha
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
GREAT NEWS!!! :D :D

Now, I LOVED the previous novels, i'll read them again before the new book gets printed, of course. I just thought the novel would mean no game, but it seems it is not the case, je,je. As most of the fans, I miss Aarons stories and Chris Jones performance, both indispensable for a true Tex Murphy experience.

So we have an interactive radio theater, if it is as good as the 'normal' radio theater it will be an event. I can imagine chosing those great funny quotes again, it gives me goose bumps! I assume it will be a short little game just to test waters or to create anticipation.

About the questions for AC, will there be a new topic to post them or we just write them here? There are a couple of obvious questions I'll ask.
Thanks for clearing up the greatest mystery to hit this board since the infamous disappearance of Grandma's goulash recipe. Yes, Aaron, we are still keeping the faith.

Ruben! Our old friend posted! Good to see you here, good buddy.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
I have a question.

Would you like an additional proofreader?????

I offer my services, dirt cheap.

:D
YEAH YEAH!! Me so happy, me love you longtime :D a new interactiv radio theater (dunno what can be interactiv about a radio theater) YAY YAY YAY!!! :D
Wow! Awesome news. I am still re-reading the first post just to make sure that my eyes haven't deceived me.
Hi Aaron. Yes I was the one who mentioned the stakeout in Overseer. I have a couple questions for you if it wont give away too much.

My first one is, was the stakeout reference meant to be a subtle clue planted in the game to be followed up on later on or was it something initially insignificant that you decided to make a deal out of years later?

I always figured it was something like divorce work Tex was doing for a client on the side. The humorous story behind the stakeout would be that Crazy Gary or a mutant cow is trying to do something to sabatoge the steakhouse. But I'm leaning towards the steakhouse just being used as a pun.

My last one is how hard would it be to use the Access Software logo at the start of any Project Fedora games for nostalgia purposes? I'll probably buy the book because I suspect is has something to do with marketing Tex, but I'll hold out for the real thing before I read it.
I can't wait for the new interactive radio theater & novel. But I, like Dread, am curious how you would make a radio theater an interactive experience, so thank you for this opportunity to ask questions.

Would the interactive radio theater require a visual user interface to house relevant links? If so, would it also have a set of images that depict elements in a given audio track, something possibly resembling the game load screens of yore, where the picture would change given how far the track has progressed to a more relevant picture for that portion of the track? Or, will the new radio theater's imagery be audio-only?

Also, provided it's still relevant to the upcoming novel's content, would the interactive radio theater include the previously released radio theater tracks as a teaser of sorts for the future novel?

And when will these products be released, and how much do you estimate them to cost, albeit both of these inquiries' answers are ever subject to change?

Are there any plans for another sequel to 3 Cards or any new projects from Big Finish Games beyond the fore-mentioned Tex-centricity?

Thank you for your time,

A loyal Tex Murphy fan,

Hammerhead
Aaron,
Can you release your books (old and new) in e-book format for Kindle, Nook, etc?
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Wonderful news - amazing how many posts this site gets whenever there's an update.

And PLEASE let us buy the radio theatre and book - I'm sure we all want to support the next installments, which take up your time, love and money.
David