Problems with UAKM

I have the Same Collection, it doesn't give you Dosbox, it only has it as part of the Police Quest Installer...
Which is why I said that I don't believe she has Dosbox installed on the computer...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Bafitis wrote:I have the Same Collection, it doesn't give you Dosbox, it only has it as part of the Police Quest Installer...
Which is why I said that I don't believe she has Dosbox installed on the computer...
lol, I'm not a she. I was wondering what people here thought i was gender-wise I suppose it is the flower in my hat, the picture is sort of an inside joke, for a police/detective game that I am currently trying to develop, I am starting to teach my self computer programming and am going to be making a Mod of the Team Fortress 2 version of the Source Engine. It's a very large undertaking for a single person, but I have messaged a computer programmer at Valve Corporation and he gave me some advice. as far as details I can't really tell you much, not that I think anybody in here would play it, but it is something I am hopeful to complete.

and thank you for the replies, I'm sure I'll find a way to get DOSBox soon. Oh and I have a question, before I get into UAKM is there any reason why I should play them in order, like do Mean Streets, then Martian Memorandum first. Are the stories connected? I know that I am going to want to play Mean Streets before I play Overseer. but as for the rest is there an order as to which they should be played?
The order of play does match the order of release.

Mean Streets
Martian Memorandum
Under a Killing Moon
Pandora Directive
Overseer

Overseer is a game that has flashbacks describing the story of Mean Streets. So in a way Tex comes full circle.

You can start playing at Under Killing Moon. Tex does make a couple of references to Martian Memorandum but it was not crucial to know the the story. I guessed until I got it the right conversation path in game without ever having played Martian Memorandum.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Igloop wrote:lol, I'm not a she. I was wondering what people here thought i was gender-wise
My apologies... We had a couple people here think that Plumgas was a guy... It happens... That what you get with the Internet...
I don't think it was so much the Flower as it was just the cat... Some people just have a habit of associating Cats with Women and Dogs with Men...

Mean Streets and Overseer are basically the same as far as the story line goes... Tex and Chelsea are out to dinner and he tells her a story, which happens to be his first case... So it is done in the FMV that we all love so much... Where as Mean Streets is a Cartoon game...

And since you haven't played it, I won't say anything else about Overseer...

Have you listened to the Radio Theaters that they did??? If not, I don't recommend listening to them until you've played Overseer, because the Radio Theater Episodes take place After Overseer... They should be available for Download on this website, if not just ask pretty much any of us and we can email them to you...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

I'll get UAKM running soon.
Sorry I haven't been on here in a while, I often stop by to take a look but I usually don't have anything to say. I still feel kinda like the new guy. But could someone please tell me whether or not downloading DOSBox is safe? has anyone here had any run-ins with viruses or problems from this? I am getting a new Laptop PC very soon, and then I will be able to play UAKM finally! But just wanted to elaborate, I really can't afford to get any sort of viruses on it, so I am going to keep the Downloads to a minimum, only downloading the necessary programs (And I consider getting Tex Murphy UAKM working to be a necessary thing, for my research). Thanks to anyone who can help. :D
If you download it from www.dosbox.com you shouldn't have any problems with it... It doesn't contain Viruses, Spyware, or any of that kind of stuff... The developers of Dosbox are straight up... So just make sure you download from their site where it is Free and void of anything other than Dosbox...

Igloop Happy Birthday to you...

Thanks! I am really happy right now that we got snow yesterday, it's all I really wanted for my Birthday. Hope everyone else has a great day as well.
Where are you located???

Northern Virginia.
also gog downloads have dos box built in to their installer, actually tex games can be purchased real cheap at the moment.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Awesome... I'm right up in Baltimore, but you can see that on my posts... lol

Okay, my new pc is now here ^.^ Merry Christmas! I've downloaded DOSBox, and I put in disc one of UAKM, could someone please give me directions on how to actually start playing it? I'm a little lost, and am using Windows 7 (64bit).
Haven't tried installing it on my Win 7 64 bit machine yet... But I remember reading about 64 Bit having problems running things like that, but I might be mistaken and thinking of something else...

I thought you said you purchased UAKM from GOG??? If so just go to GOG and redownload it, it comes with the Dosbox emulator already install with it and all you need to do is run the Install file and then double click on the Icon it sticks on your desktop...