please refresh my memory

"error does not indicate error" overseer error message when the midi is on.
does this error appear on the cd or dvd version.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
I recall this bug. Pretty sure it was in the DVD version (because it was the buggiest of the two).

How dare you make me download Overseer just to see this bug again. How DARE you sir! lol
mr_cyberpunk wrote:How DARE you sir! lol
Shouldn't that be Madam or Ma'am??? :?
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
I was trying to put on a Texan style dueling accent like that guy dueling guy in the simpsons.
well after further investigation it appears it's the cd version as well, as it's happening with the gog version & they only put out the cd version. (gog disables the midi by default)

Well isn't this weird all these years I had the midi muted due to this error & now I have the midi working & it's not doing it. playing overseer cd - hd version

got the midi set as microsft midi mapper.
Lynne
well I am amazed, I have got through gideon's gallery with the midi working & no crash.
this is on xp as my win 7 is 64 bit & overseer won't install.

The trick is microsoft midi mapper. Using the overseer control panel if you see midi mapper just click on it & un mute the midi.
Lynne
Overseer won't install on the Win 7 64-Bit setup??? That's not kewl, that's what I just upgraded to...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

overseer installed fine for me, but the controls don't work.
mr_cyberpunk wrote:overseer installed fine for me, but the controls don't work.
Well wouldn't that be a problem???

the gog version works on 64 bit I beleive.
Lynne
Oh you're not using GOG's Overseer??? I assumed you were and when you said it wouldn't install on your Win 7 64 Bit, I became concerned...

My computer that Crashed on me, I think I'm going to get a new hard drive for it and turn it into a Win98 machine... I've been meaning to build one for a few years now and now all I need is a new hard drive to do it... I have several Win98 CDs laying around...
Might even make it a Duel OS system and have Win95 on it as well... If memory serves there were some games from the 90s that worked on Win95, but had issues with Win98, so this would solve that problem as well...

I don't think I have any Win95 CDs though, I'd have to buy one from eBay or the Flea Market or something...

baf.,

you will have problems doing that as you won't be able to get drivers.
xp is the earliest you will find for the motherboard.

I have dual boot with xp & win 7 64, works well & I have an icon on the task bar that boots into xp when I need it.

also I am using the original cd overseer with the hd/dvd installer. As far as I know GOG was offered that installer but not sure if they used it or not.
Lynne
I know a couple of people who run Win98 & Win95 machines for gaming purposes... They don't have any problems running their machines...

You can get drivers all the way back for Windows 3x if you need them... You just need to make sure that you use one that was made for which ever Operating System you're using and not a later one... But getting back dated drivers isn't all that hard... You have to make sure you use compatible hardware as well...

yes they run 95 & 98 but do they have new machines.
I am talking about not finding drivers for new machines for the motherboard.

if you are just replacing the hard drive on a old machine then that's different. You mentioned before about buying a new machine recently.
Lynne
I didn't say I was going to run it on a NEW machine... I said I was going to get a New Hard Drive for my computer that Crashed a few weeks back... That machine was originally a Win98 Machine and I upgraded it to Windows XP Home... It shouldn't have a probably running Win95 and Win98...

I did buy a New Machine and I'm using it Now... It's a Win 7 64-Bit... I'm not going to change anything about this machine...
Trust me, I know what I'm doing when it comes to the fundamentals of computers...