Good Guy/Gal Points

One of things I enjoyed the most about Pandora was accumulating good guy points. So what have you ever done to earn a good guy point?

Once I brought in some cookies to work on a Saturday because a bunch of coworkers were working on the weekend. I didn't have to work but felt bad for the others that did. Technically I didn't bake the cookies but figured it's the thought that counts.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
I hope to take my wife to Red Lobster this weekend. That will garnish MUCHO points for TOG.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
I do laundry, make food once in a while (wouldn't call it cooking though except at Christmas time), help clean, take out trash etc. =)
Matt
I've done good deeds since this one, but this one sticks with me because of the ending, you'll see what I mean...

Some years back I dropped a friend of mine off at a hospital trail thingy {it involved alcohol so he couldn't drive}... I believe it was right around March/April, so the weather wasn't the best and a light, but cold rain started coming down...
On my way back home I was passing by a bus stop where I saw a young women with a stroller... I was a new parent myself at the time and thought, I sure wouldn't want my child out in this, so I made a loop and came back by...
I stopped and offered a ride, she was hesitant, as she should have been... So I offered my phone to her... Asked her where she was going, she said she was going to her sister's... I knew the neighborhood and the street, it was maybe 2 miles away... I told her to call her sister and let her know that you'd be there in just a couple minutes, told her to keep her on the phone for the ride if it made her feel better, but I couldn't in good thought leave her and her baby sitting out in the rain like this...
She accepted the ride, so I put the stroller in my trunk... She never made the phone call, but she did hang onto it for the ride...

Over a year later I went into Popeyes Chicken to grab dinner for the house and no sooner than I walked up to the counter this woman behind it became very excited and started thanking me for the ride I gave her all that time ago...

It's moment like that, that let you know that no matter how little you think the deed is, it's worth doing because you don't know what it might mean to the person receiving it...

Like I said, I've done good deeds since, and they have been much bigger, but the fact that she so happily remembered those 6 to 8 minutes we spent together, more than a year before, it just shows you that your actions aren't always forgotten so easily...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Aw that's a beautiful story. I love hearing tales of good deeds especially when there is nothing to gain by it except a good feeling. You definitely got a lot of good guy points for that.
Samantha

That's a very cool story Baf.
David
I guess it would be scary meeting bafitis in the dark.....LOL sorry but I couldn't resist.

I am always helping a friend's daughter out. She doesn't have much money as her husband left her with 2 little kids. So last year I paid her vehicle registration & on roads costs for her car so she could get to work.
I also gave her a old pc & a printer & for her birthday last month I bought her new cartridges for the printer, just to give her a helping hand.

she goes to church every week so I am sure she prays for me. Maybe this way I might go up instead of down.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Hey come on Jim and Matt the point of good deeds is to not get anything in return. Doing nice things for the spouse is slightly selfish as it keeps you married and the wife from throwing things at you. :wink:

I'm talking about stuff like helping old ladies across the street or bringing chicken soup to sick friend. As I recall Tex mailed off money to an orphanage.
Samantha

You are absolutely correct, Sam. I am MUCHO embarassed. :oops:

On the other hand, I WILL receive many points and that I simply cannot reject. :wink:

Great story, Baf. I met a young man at a business meeting about 5 years ago. It so happens he was stricken with ceribal palsey at birth and life has been very difficult for him. Although we no longer share in that business, we have kept a good friendship going and I help him whenever I can. Sometimes I give him a ride, sometimes we have coffee and work on crossword puzzles, sometimes we just talk. It has been quite rewarding for the both of us.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
plumgas wrote:I guess it would be scary meeting bafitis in the dark.....
It wasn't dark out, merely drizzling... It happen around 11am, if memory serves...
sam10100 wrote:As I recall Tex mailed off money to an orphanage.
Well for some of us he did, for others he spent it... :lol:
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Really? You spent the orphan's money? How low. As I recall I had just enough money to buy everything I needed for that game from Fitspatrick's 5000 check at the beginning.
Samantha

You got 5,000 at the beginning??? What cheat code did you use???

I only spent the Orphan money the couple of times I wanted to be as Evil as I could... A Very unsettling feeling to have Tex act like that, but you have to do it in order to get the whole experience and to appreciate the good natured Tex all that much more...

What you talking about? Everybody gets the check from Fitzpatrick after the opening video sequence.

I did the bare minimum to get on Path C. Most of the time, I was clicking the "wrong" choice with my eyes closed. It was like all those scary movies when you are screaming at the screen, "no don't do it!".
Samantha

I believe he was referring to the check being for four thousand dollars. Not five.

How Tex gets the check cashed after ripping it in half, however, is a case I'll leave for the futuristic technology bureau...

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Actually you can get some banks to cash a ripped check, provided it isn't in tiny pieces... But just tearing it in half like Tex did he might have been able to get the bank to cash it...
Because here in the states we are told to write in big bold lettering VOID on checks we wish to be invalid...

And yes I was referring to the Amount of the Check Sam... As Fred said it is only 4 Grand...

For some reason I can't find a Video Clip of the meeting with Fitzpatrick where Tex rips the check... Because it says "Four Grand" just before he rips it...

How do you pull Video Clips out of games like people have posted on Youtube??? Is there a special program needed for that???