Good Guy/Gal Points

Oh Fred you are right. My mistake. I think 4000 sounded too uneven to me. I thought it was 5 thousand. Getting senile already. :oops:

But I still seem to remember that I didn't need more than what I started with to finish the game. After settling up all of Tex's bills (which were a lot) I still had enough for the Roboco battery and the Photo Analyzer.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
2,100 for Rent...

300 for Rook...

200 for Louie...

1,230 for Electronic Shop...

250 for the Black Dagger...

30 for the Language Book...

20 for the Battery...

70 for Visual Analyzing Apparatus...

40 for the Call Tracer...

For a Total of $4,240... You had to have at least gotten the Drug Dealer Money from the Sewer or the Money from the NSA Locker...

That's all I can remember off the top of my head... Not sure if there were other Expenditures or not...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Whoa you've been keeping notes Baf.

I remember getting money from drug dealer but had forgotten about the NSA locker. I vaguely recall we had to do something to the money before we could take it or it would set off an alarm.

Yikes Tex owed 3830 bucks! Man talk about a bad credit risk. No wonder they vaporized his Electronics Shop credit card.

The actual purchases he had to make are a surprisingly small percentage of the total money. I guess Tex knows how to work on a budget.
Samantha

Bafitis wrote: How do you pull Video Clips out of games like people have posted on Youtube??? Is there a special program needed for that???
it's probably the same as overseer cd, copy file & change extension to sdk & then open in rad tools. you can then convert to avi file.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
sam10100 wrote:Whoa you've been keeping notes Baf.[/quote
I have a photographic memory... I remember over 90% of things I read and/or see/experience...
sam10100 wrote:I guess Tex knows how to work on a budget.
Tex For President...

As for the Money, it had to go in the Demagnetize Machine just like everything else did, except for the security clearance ID card... For some reason you don't need to Demagnetize that...
I find it strange that you had to Demagnetize the Disc, considering that kind of stuff usually erases things like that...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Wow that's really interesting. What's that like being able to remember stuff which such clarity and detail? I would think your brain would get jam-packed with so much stuff after a while it would drive you nuts.
Samantha

A compact disc as such would not get erased from the demagnetization process, as information is burned onto the disc. The laser that reads the cd works much like the fingers on a blind man reading Braille.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
At the risk of exposing my total geek points, my gut reaction was I don't think reading a CD is anything like reading braille.

CDs are read by shining a 780 nm (deep red) laser and measuring the reflected light intensity, which varies based on the depth of the well. (For some depths, the transmitted light will later reflect and interfere constructively; for other depths, the transmitted light will reflect and interfere destructively.) Braille is measurement of touch, not optical.

But, when I think "How would I explain how a CD works to a general?", I actually like your analogy quite a bit! :)

Besides, the sensation of touch is electromagnetic, as is the sensation of optics...so perhaps it's not as far off after all! lol :) OK geek mode off now.

By the way, you have to add insurance salesmen to your list. They nearly took over the world in Space Quest II...Vohaul's most diabolical scheme!
Right you are Fred, I was thinking of Floppies for some reason... *showing my age I guess*

Sam, I don't know what it's like not to remember things, so I can't really compare the two...

It makes redoing things a bit less fun though... Especially a lot of games... Which is probably why I'm more of an Adventure Gamer than anything else, because with a lot of adventure games you can do things differently when you play it over...
Granted somethings have to be done at certain points in order to move on and of course you'll come to the same basic ending, but the play through can be changed up a bit...

Not like a lot of these blow 'em up smash 'em up games... You run down this street, no where to go but left, you run down that street, no where to go but right, you run down that street, oh no boss fight... Next level, you run down this street, no where to go but ----- you get the idea... All the while destroying everything possible...

Those hold Very Little replay value for me... Unless I'm in the mood to just see stuff blow up... lol

Probably why I was a fan of Choose Your Own Adventure books when I was younger...

I don't know whether to consider it a blessing or a curse to have a photographic memory, I've read some reports that say people with good memories are more prone to falling victim to the Alzheimer's disease and other like problems in older age...
Not so sure I want to go out like that or put my children through having their last memories of me not know who they are...

I can understand that Baf. After having spent so many years in school I'd hate to think all the stuff I learned disappearing because of that terrible disease. I've told my husband if I ever start to lose it, to kindly snuff me out in the night so I don't have to go through life wondering if I'll remember who I am the next day.

I only enjoy adventure games because of the story development, characters, and the exploring. I'm not too much into violence so FPS never had any interest for me. I don't know how people can keep shooting off guns and blowing stuff up over and over again. What's the point? So we can get to the next target we have to blow up?

The only time I enjoy that stuff is watching Mythbusters on Discovery channel. At least they've actually got a reason or a point to prove when they do stuff like that. :D
Samantha

"...kindly snuff me out in the night..." HAHAH!! I'm thieving that line!

Also, the only FPS games I play are the ones that actually have a certain amount of story to tell. They're not all completely mindless :D Though, yes, the mindless ones do exist.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
sam10100 wrote:The only time I enjoy that stuff is watching Mythbusters on Discovery channel. At least they've actually got a reason or a point to prove when they do stuff like that.
Not always, I've watched that show too and there are times where they just blow stuff up because they have the extra time and materials and just want to hear it go Boom... lol

Good discussion here, friends. Let's keep it going.

1. If Tex is on path C, it means you have probably kept the orphanage money and Nilo's wallet. If so, you don't need the cash from the locker at Auto Tech. Still, if you are rotten, well, you may as well take it.

2. Without going over my notes, if you are playing entertainment mode you may not need extra dollars without keeping the money mentioned above.

3. If you are playing Game mode you will definitely need the money from the locker as long as you are on path A or B and did not keep any of the aforementioned money. While Baf's list is quite impressive, there is the battery pack to buy before you go to Roswell.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Bafitis wrote:Not always, I've watched that show too and there are times where they just blow stuff up because they have the extra time and materials and just want to hear it go Boom... lol
It's true they usually do that when they've failed to replicate the terms of the myth and have some free time left over. At least they are doing their part to keep the manufacturers of C4 in business. :)

I remember their Macgyver episode when they tried to explode a wall using sodium and water. I think we all knew that sodium just don't explode like in the TV show. They tried various sizes of sodium but still couldn't replicate the Tv show. After that, I was okay with using explosives. At least they tried.
Samantha

Jim the old guy wrote: While Baf's list is quite impressive, there is the battery pack to buy before you go to Roswell.
Bafitis wrote:2,100 for Rent...

300 for Rook...

200 for Louie...

1,230 for Electronic Shop...

250 for the Black Dagger...

30 for the Language Book...

20 for the Battery...

70 for Visual Analyzing Apparatus...

40 for the Call Tracer...
I got the Battery in there my friend... My apologies for not putting Pack on the end of it...

What gets me about this is who in the hell would just up and buy a battery pack, for a toy nonetheless, for no apparent reason???
And does Walmart not make it past the 3rd World War??? Why can't Tex just run down to Walmart and get a New Alien Abductor??? I mean Zach said he was out of it at the moment, which means they still must make the toy... Which, besides Barbie and G.I. Joe, would have had to been one of the longest running toys on the market...
I mean the Roswell complex got shut down before Tex was even born, so that would make the Alien Abductor at least 45 years old...

And here I can't even get my hands on a Tyco Bandit that I had as a kid... The Best, battery operated, remote controlled car I've ever seen... It ran through grass, dirt, gravel, pavement, 1 inch of water, snow, up hill {I'm talking 30% to 45% inclines}... I can't recall anything it couldn't do... Plus it ran for up to 2 hours...
RC cars today run maybe a half hour, can't go in grass without a major loss in power, forget going up hills, and if you go through a tiny puddle, forget it, you've just ruined your toy, so forget about snow...

The only thing to come close are gas powered RC cars...

And why does Tex get deducted on Good Guy points if he doesn't pay Zach right away???
It is the Duty of every American to try and get out of Credit Card Bills and to avoid collection... :lol:

Also I think it is more fun to argue with Rook than to pay him up front as well...
Louie of course gets paid first and foremost... As soon as the game starts I almost always go straight to Louie to give him the money and good news...