Pandora Directive - Stuck on a puzzle due to color blindness

I'm on Day 4 and I'm trying to solve the mine puzzle. Unfortunately, I'm red-green color blind. All of the particles that I'm supposed to move look the same to me. I can see some glowing ones, but the rest appear to be the same color to me. Any advice?
First A Warm Welcome To Our Community... Always wonderful to meet a fellow Tex Fan... Please stick around and join us over in the General Forum for some fun conversation...

Sorry for your Handicap, kind of a major one at moments like this, huh...

The Green Starts out on the Left and the Red Starts out on the Right...

Do any of them seem a lighter color to you??? Those are the Main Power Cells that Tex talks about needing to be in the Transfer casing...

Lets try it this way... Open the Mine... Okay, you've got your 6 Photons on either side... Green on the Left and Red on the Right...

Lets count the Red first, since that is where the Shuttle Transfer is... Count left to right... The 3rd Photon is your Power Cell... You'll need to use this to Transfer the Shuttle...

Okay, now we know which is the Red Power Cell, Click on it... It will move to the Shuttle... Okay, now we are going to pick 2 more Red Photons... Counting from left to right, there should only be 5 Photons now, because we've put one in the shuttle... Lets pick 3 and 4 since they are in the middle and I believe the Green would make it harder to count later on...

So Click on the 3rd and 4th Photons... That will put 3 into the Shuttle... Now click on the Shuttle Transfer button... This is going to make things crowded on the Left side, but we'll manage...

Okay, counting just like before Left to Right, but this time on the Left side... The Green Power Cell should the 8th Photon... If you are having trouble, count from the Right to the Left and it will be the 2nd Photon... Click on it and lets put it into the Shuttle...

Okay, now lets make it a little easier to count things on this side... The first 4 Photons, the 2 lower ones, that would be the 2nd and 4th Photons... Those are Green, lets go ahead and put them into the Shuttle...
Now click Transfer...

Now we are only allowed to put 2 Photons into the Shuttle instead of 3... So lets find the Green Power Cell again... Counting from Left to Right it should be the 4th Photon... It should look like it is laying on the bottom... Lets put that back into the Shuttle...

Okay, now we need to pick a Red one... Count from Left to Right, {remember don't count the Photon in the Shuttle}... Lets take the first one, it should look like it is laying under the shuttle...
Okay, Click Transfer...

Alright, now we are going to take the Red Power Cell and One Green Photon... It's a little harder to count because they are squeezed in kind of tight at this point... So lets see if we can do it this way...
Along the bottom of the Left Chamber, do you see those 2 Photons that are right next to each other, almost side by side, just a little off... That is the Red Power Cell and a Green Photon, lets take both of those... Hopefully you can figure out the 2 I'm talking about... It might be a little hard to see the first one, because of the Glare that is on the Glass of the Chamber... But do you see where the Glare strikes through the 2 Photons, those are the 2 I'm talking about... Click on both of them...
Then click Transfer...

Okay, now we are going to take all 3 Red that are left in the Right Chamber... Counting from left to Right, that first Photon is a Red one, click on it... Now click on the First one as if you were starting your count over, that should be the Red Power Cell, so click it... Now starting the Count over again, we will be taking the 3rd Photon... This should be the one in the back upper corner...
Now click on Transfer...

Okay, it's kind of crowded in the Left Chamber... Lefts hope we can get these last 3 Green Photons... They are kind of in a Diagonal line... The first Green Photon we are going to click is a little hard to see, it is just behind the Shuttle and a little down... Do you see it??? Lets click on the one... Okay, now going Diagonal up to the left, the Photon in the middle of those 3 going up and down... That is the Green Power Cell, click on that one... Keep going in the Diagonal line up you should see the 2 Photons next to each other... One is just a little lower than the other... Click on that lower one...

Now hit Shuttle Transfer...

If you were able to follow my directions this should deactivate the mine and you will have your first Puzzle Box...

Please be sure to come back and let me know if this helped you... And Good Luck...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Yes, a BIG welcome to the board.

Also, I'm glad that Bafitus answered that question for you. If I had tried, I would be typing long into the night.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Bafitis,

gee I bet it took longer to type this than to play the whole game, good work anyway :lol: :lol:
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Thanks... I just hope it helps Mathfreak... Hoping they'll come back and let me know...

It wasn't too hard... I just opened my game up on one Monitor while I typed the steps I was doing on this Monitor...
I've been around a computer since I 5 or 6 and most of the jobs I've had dealt with computers, so I type rather quickly... Last time I did a speed test I was in the 90s per minute...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

:shock: Wow. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't help as detailed as that. I don't have time today to check it out, but it looks perfect. I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.

I just got the last 3 Tex Murphy games and they're a blast. I remember seeing them when they first came out and passing them over. Yeah, I was kind of an idiot back then.
well it good to know that you have finally mended your way
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
The other 2 Tex Games are pretty good as well... Graphics and whatnot aren't anything near the other 3, but they are still well detailed and thought out games...

Always good to have New Fans... Have you tried out the Creators newest project 3 Cards Till Midnight???

As for the details, I couldn't think of any other way to do it... It's a fairly easy puzzle {color blindness excluded of course}, so finding a walkthrough for the puzzle isn't easy... Most walkthroughs, that I looked at before deciding to write it myself, just said something like "Complete The Mine Puzzle, Then Take The Box Back To Tex's Office"... Not exactly helpful...

But gathering from your post, I'm guessing this is your first time playing through, so I don't want to give anything away... Lets just say the following meeting should be fun... :D

Here is Nilo's website... The puzzle solutions for most of the puzzles can be found here... You might find the one of the Mayan Gemstone Puzzle useful... There are several shades of green used in this puzzle, so it might be best to use the solution... Nilo has pictures of almost all the puzzles and in most cases has items Numbered like in the Puzzle I'm talking about...

http://home.wideopenwest.com/~hbech/

Bafitis, you're the best. It worked like a charm! :D Thanks for the link to Nilo's place. It sounds like might need it for the gemstone puzzle.

I actually decided to check out the Tex Murphy games after reading a review of 3 Cards to Midnight. I'm definitely going to be checking that game out.
Glad I could help... As for Nilo's Place, that place is a Gem among Tex Stuff...

Happy Gaming... And be sure to stick around, we talk about pretty much anything over in the General Forum and new opinions and voices are always welcome...