Once upon a time....

Or, you can look at it and ask Archie about it, but then "end conversation", go somewhere and then come back. This can also apply to Mac Malden. After examining the clipping in Tex's rec room, go to the P.D. right away. Talk to Mac (normal responses), exit, go back to Tex's office, get the stuff needed, go to street and look at Rusty's. Go back to the P.D. and you get some really funny conversation options.

It's like Skard talking to Reagan more than called for. Skard got some interesting choices, some I've never gotten before.

Same thing with Chelsee. After getting the date with her, go look at the Acme Warehouse and then go back to Chelsee and ask her about it. You will get the name of the guy who owns it. Of course, you have to do this before the end of day one.

These little diversions make the game anew and refreshing.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
I started replaying... And for some reason I just could NOT get Chelsee to stay home... Does it go all the way back to you're opening conversation with her at the News Stand??? Because I think I might have screwed that one up... But everything else I'm sure that I was on key with...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
I think it is based on how many good guy points you have accumulated up to any given point. Not just the conversation with Chelsee... see Jim's points guide to make sure you have gotten all of them before that part. I know that how you talk to Louie and Zack have a hefty weighing on this.

-Cub. =o)
I got 10 of them so far... I had some fun with Rook so I didn't pay him right away, so I probably lost however many that was worth...
I got the points for Louie, Clint, Zack, Nilo, the Charity Envelop, I think that's all...

Yeah you have offer the Money to Zack right away instead of playing through the conversation... It's best to do the same with Louie...

I was as nice as could be to Gus, but I didn't notice if I got any points for that or not...

I used B, A, B, C, and then no matter what I pick for the 5th she ends up going with me to the Flamingo...

So now she is all pissed and slapped me and it was just horrible... lol
On top of that she left me a depressing message about leaving for Phoenix and clearing her head and all that...

I guess the best thing to do now is just focus on stopping this Black Arrow Killer character before it's too late...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Bafitis wrote: I guess the best thing to do now is just focus on stopping this Black Arrow Killer character before it's too late...
Good idea! Get your head back in the game!

-Cub. =o)
Game??? :?

I got a question, it never really occurred to me before... I realize it wouldn't have fit because the lettering from the Title of the book used didn't have it, but the password to Malloy's Disc:

MERGE THE FOUR RARE CASES TO SEE MAPS

Four??? There are 5 cases involved... And you need all 5 to see the Map that Malloy talks about... So to me, the password for the Disc makes no sense to the whole thing...

And I agree with you now Jim, that I've refreshed my playing of the game... When Archie describes the box to Tex about it having Mayan Symbols on the top, that's exactly what Regan's box had on it with the Tapestry... So I see exactly what you're saying about it having been Archie's box, and again you were right about her name not being on the Initials List...

Brings up another question though... Is she really Malloy's Daughter??? Just because she knew about Emily doesn't mean anything, Cross knew about her as well and could have easily told her... With her last name being different and no mention of her having been married, makes me wonder if she is even his Daughter...

Again, unless the Novel supports the fact that she is the Daughter... I haven't had the time to read it, so I'm going purely off the info from the game... So if the book states with fact that she is his daughter, please go ahead and inform me...

I'm assuming the four rare cases bit refers to the four pieces of the Pandora device. The fifth puzzlebox was nothing more than another piece of a puzzle to open another puzzlebox along with a slide of the powercell from Roswell.

What itches me about the whole thing is - there was just a crashsite at Roswell, the army supposedly moved the entire thing from New Mexico to Nevada after that... But oh well, it's their story, they can do what they want with it I guess.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
For the most part that is true, but there were stories about Hangar 18, which was a Hangar at the Roswell Base where it was all stored before being shipped to where ever it went, as you said Nevada or Area 51... The bodies were supposedly taken to Wright Air Force Base in Ohio... And then other odds and ends were taken to a basement in the Pentagon...

But I agree, I don't think anything was left at the Roswell Base...

As for the cases, all 4 that Tex opens have Pandora Pieces in them, and Fitzpatrick has the piece that has Malloy's message...

The one Regan gives to you, which I agree with Jim is Archie's, has a Piece and the Pegs... Emily's Case as a Piece and the Slide... If memory serves {I haven't gotten that far in my replay yet} you use the Mayan Calendar to open Witt's and in it you find a 3rd Piece along with the Puzzle pieces for Edison's Case and there you find the 4th piece... Then Fitzpatrick brings the piece that plays the message...

I would have liked to have seen Fitzpatrick's Case... It was the only one that didn't seem to need something else to open... Like Regan's/Archie's needed the Tapestry... Then Emily's needed the Pegs found in that one... Witt's needed knowledge of the Mayan Calendar and the Edison's/Garden House needed the pieces found in Witt's...

Does the book say anything about Fitzpatrick's Case???

Yeah, Baf, I'm with you on the 4 case thing pertaining to the four cases Tex found and opened. But, Fitzpatrick's case, which he obviously opened, contained the much needed piece to start the hologram. Maybe it was like a VCR tape or CD or DVD? Not in actuality, but you get my message.

Too, whoever came up with the idea of an anagram for There Are Messages From Outer Space is a genius. That is ONE LONG ANAGRAM! Ergo, knowing in advance that Tex was going to find four and only four cases despite five having been sent out, they creators did what they had to do to make the story more complete. Does that make sense?

Finally, anyone who has NOT been down the Boulevard of Broken Dreams needs to do so. Why? For one thing, when Tex decides to head for Roswell and finishes his chat with GF, he usually receives a call from Reagan. Not so on BBD. He goes to the Imperial Lounge and meets with her and the conversation is enlightening, to say the least. During that talk, Reagan reveals that she, like Tex, was married once! Thus the name Madsen.

Finally, do I believe she was actually Malloy's daughter? Yes! One, it fits well with the story. Two, her attitude towards materialism may have been one of the reasons her and her father had a falling out (as she confessed to Tex which would also explain why Malloy did NOT send her a box). Three, the picture in Malloy's room seems to indicate that he had a daughter or at the very least knew a little girl named Reagan. I opt for the former. Four, when talking to Emily, ask about Reagan and Emily says "she hates my guts and I have no idea why". Reagan may have hated Emily because of inheritance issues, greedy dame that she was.

OK, I'm done..........................................for now! hehehehe!
Well I remember Regan saying that Emily was a Golddigger and she couldn't stand her and it was after her father's marriage to her that they had their falling out... So yes, it could have to do with Malloy's Will, I guess...
I've gone down the Broken Dreams before, but it has been many years, so I'm not going to remember every conversation... But I do remember getting the call from her before Roswell...

As for the Anagram, yes it was a wonder bit of genius for that... But Malloy could never have known that some PI was gonna show up and crack 4 of his 5 cases... So if you step back and look at it, it doesn't go with the flow since there are indeed 5 cases to be opened... While the Anagram is huge and an excellent puzzle, which I seriously doubt I could ever figure out on my own, it does contradict just a little bit... Brilliant nonetheless... And will always without doubt rate as one of my all time favorites...

Okay, I don't remember the conversation with Regan where she talks about being Married before... Hence why I'm replaying it...
Went to Jersey for the weekend, so I should be able to get back to Tex tonight... I stopped Thursday right at the Anagram Disc point... I got the fax with the Answer and Saved it there... So I'll be getting Witt's phone number when I start it back up...

If you fall into the Lava, Tex blames his Tennis Shoes... BUT when you are on the platform helping Regan up, you can clearly see his Cowboy Boots... Does he change shoes after the Fire Chamber??? lol

Am I doing something wrong, because ever since I started playing this game back in the 90s, I get the Mayan Shield and the Whole Glass Lens from the glasses... Is there any use for either of these items??? I have yet to find a use for them...

No. Same goes for the flashlight at Roswell.

Interesting item is the jackknife. You pick it up at the start of the game but don't use it until you're in the Ascension chamber (on the bullets).
Yeah, but at least the Jackknife had a use... Yeah I meant to ask about the Flashlight before, but forgot to...

But I'm not against Useless Items either... In fact it adds Realism to the game... Okay I found this item, looks interesting, I might need it, so I take it... Later, okay well I didn't need it, but I'm glad I picked it up anyway...

Though what I would like to see is a game just like this, but where you have a limited Inventory... You can always take things back to your office and store them there, but you can only carry X amount of items... And some Items if they are too big take up more space limiting your inventory even more... But not limited to the point where it makes the game too difficult...

It's just a little far fetched to carry all the stuff that Tex does in a Trench Coat and Jeans... lol
I like Realism in my games, I like to be a part of the game, while sometimes things like that just take the Real out of it...
Now when he goes to Mexico, he now has a Backpack, so therefore your space would be much more...

But that's just me I guess...

Alright Baf, how'd you respond to how Tex stored that Bamboo stick in Elijah Witt's apartment in Pandora Directive then? :lol:

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!