Oversser - Now Available at GOG!

Yeah I remember those issues being talked about elsewhere... Good to know that they are on the ball with the fixes...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
you can advance the game alright, when you get to witt's apartment you start to have a problem solving the puzzles, you need to look at a walkthrough to get through to open the box as the hints are not there.

When you buy a game from GOG you can download again at any time. Just go into your account and click on the game box & download. There is no extra charge if they make adjustments to the game. When & if they get the dvd working for overseer it will be a free update.

I see people are posting to GOG they are having problems with overseer already.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Well if there are problems already, I'll just wait it out until it's decently smooth...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Just a tip for everyone, when you get to John Klaus's Lab in Overseer, the room turns black, and you can not progress.

Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: Reloaded an old saved game, and it fixed my problem. Apparently, the game will lock up occasionally.

Also, alt-tab is very finnicky.
TexMex wrote: Also, alt-tab is very finnicky.
Yes, that never worked well with the Tex games. Both Pandora (windows ver.) and Overseer.

-Cub. =o)
seems everything is having different problems in different parts of the game. A couple people on gog say the droids are invisible .......LOL

Overseer does not like dual core, dual video cards if you have one of these disable for the game.
Lynne
Just downloaded a copy yesterday. Man, the game is visually dark, the gamma is really low and this is with my monitor running at full brightness and contrast. The cinematics are much the same in terms of their quality and lighting. So far, in terms of visuals, UKAM and PD is kicking its butt to be honest. But, the sound is good and the graphics are the best i've seen them in terms of texture and clarity. However, the sooner the DVD version is available for download (if at all it ever is) the better.
Am I the only person who found the CD version of Overseer was superior to the DVD version? The imperfection in the video hid stuff like the wobbling sets in a couple scenes!
--
Life is like a sewer. You get out of it, what you put into it!
personally I prefer the cd version myself, okay a few video sequences are less grainer but hey no crashes.

I use the hd/dvd version so I had no need to buy from gog. i did however Purchase Pandora & UAKM only due to gog including dos box in their installer so just click on the gog icon & you are right to go.

I also purchased riven & real myst as they won't run on current systems, gog did a great job getting them to run on vista & win 7.
Lynne
I've been visiting every year or so to this site and it just keeps getting better and better. There was a period of neglect (sigh) but it is good to see the Murph lives on in all of us. Come on Aaron and Chris. Build it and they will come. WE NEED TH END OF THE STORY. Sorry, I know this must have been said hundreds of times, but this game changed my life as a kid. I've just bought UAKM, Pandora Directive and Overseer and will be playing them in order once again. Lord only knows how many times I've played these wonderful games, and now I can do it again thanks to GOG. I had my orginal disc stolen when I got burgled about 10 yrs ago. Now I feel complete again. That musci... it just brings it all back!
Hi there.

Yes it's been said hundreds of times but is so true. We all love these games and they did change our lives too. It must have or we wouldn't still be talking about them after all these years.

Keep hope alive! Long live Tex.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
I just bought my digital copy of Overseer from GOG, whee! I hope and hope I won't experience any problems the way I did with my old CDs/DVD.
I don't know how much this community buys into perfection, but I just wanted to point out that Overseer is spelled wrong on the title of this topic.
I don't know how much this community buys into perfection, but I just wanted to point out that Overseer is spelled wrong on the title of this topic.
Yeah I noticed it. It does kinda irk me.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.