Hey! This door is just painted on!

Hey all,

Just thought I'd pop in with a little post about the enjoyment I have been having tonight. I purchased UAKM from gog.com the other day due to my two copies of UAKM discs being alittle bit over used and few scratches on them... that and the fact I didn't want to set up the settings for DOSbox myself (yes I'm lazy sometimes!).

Anyways, after getting the small sound problem I was having fixed, I have been playing UAKM for the first time in years, and I thought I'd just pop in and say wow. It's just like riding a bike. I had forgotten somethings, but then they came back to me... I'm on Day 4 now, just arrived at the Colonels office to grab the cd he mentioned.

The game is still great after all these years and I can't wait to replay Pandora Directive and Overseer.... and Project Fedora one day.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Tex Murphy: Australia
http://www.texmurphyaustralia.net/wp
Hey! This door is just painted on!
Or is it... :lol:
Either way, I feel like somebody's watching....someone really weird....
I found it a little strange in Pandora when the door was actually a door... I kept thinking back, didn't Moon say it was Painted on??? So I had to go back to the alley in Moon and check and sure enough it's the same door...
Just like the door leading into the storage room of Slice O'Heaven wasn't there in Moon either...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
I reckon the builders of the apocalyptic FUTURE painted a door there so they could remember where they were gonna put a real door later. At least they didn't paint a doggie door instead so that you would have to crawl through it.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Sai wrote:I reckon the builders of the apocalyptic FUTURE painted a door there so they could remember where they were gonna put a real door later. At least they didn't paint a doggie door instead so that you would have to crawl through it.
That would have made for a hilarious cut scene though, Tex trying to crawl through a doggie door... :lol:
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

After The Pandora Directive, I welcome more canine hijynks. Those dogs will pay!
Ha like Tex being chased by a big dog or more likely little terriers.
I think Tex himself should get a Dog... Especially after that Mugging in UAKM, Tex could use someone watching his back...

Okay lets open the discussion for what kind of Dog you think Tex should get... I see Tex with a good old fashion German Shepherd... Maybe one of those All White German Shepherds...

Something mutant. Like a dog with two heads. And one of the heads smokes his Luckys.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Bull dog.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"