Flash

I was wondering if you copy the Overseer DVD to a external drive can you run it off there without installing it? I tried and it tries to find the dvd. Can you make it point to the external?
The DVD Version files require the dvd or an emulated dvd (mounted image).

Here's an idea
http://www.unofficialtexmurphy.com/mess ... f=1&t=1677
A sansGUI interface is one that does not have the small features called "Windows". The term comes from the French word sans, meaning "without".

SansGUI's are more typically used in Unix-like Operating Systems. The conventional wisdom is that a GUI (Grapical User Interface) help guide the casual computer user to perform routine tasks with Point and Click simplicity. SansGUI's have acquired considerable acceptance for users accustomed to the CLI (Command Line Interface).
SansGUI wrote:Here's an idea
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1677
Nevermind, Overseer expects to be located somewhere on the C: drive.
A sansGUI interface is one that does not have the small features called "Windows". The term comes from the French word sans, meaning "without".

SansGUI's are more typically used in Unix-like Operating Systems. The conventional wisdom is that a GUI (Grapical User Interface) help guide the casual computer user to perform routine tasks with Point and Click simplicity. SansGUI's have acquired considerable acceptance for users accustomed to the CLI (Command Line Interface).
It plays but it always freezes after a few seconds when I'm walking around Tex's Office or when I try to click on something. I tried just standing still and it freezes after about 30 seconds.
How are you changing the "Overseer.exe" and "Tex.ini" to move the DVD data files?

How do you change the Overseer.exe file? I changed the Tex.ini where it says CD_MAP and then it says Disk1=E, Disk2=E...up to disk 5, I changed the E to G since G's my flash drive. When I start playing it does read from the flash drive ok, it's just whenever I click on an object or just sit there for a few seconds it freezes. I also changed the VR Render in the options from software to hardware.
darkcity2005 wrote:How do you change the Overseer.exe file?
I just wanted to make sure you weren't using the "Overseer.exe" that allows you to copy the CD DATA files to the game directory on your hard drive. It only works for the CD version.

darkcity2005 wrote:When I start playing it does read from the flash drive ok, it's just whenever I click on an object or just sit there for a few seconds it freezes.
When you click on an object or sit there for a few seconds the game looks for audio/video files in the DATA folder of your dvd drive. When it isn't able to find them it freezes. It's not possible to move them to your flash drive.