The Pandora Directive (really stuck - need help)

Hello Tex fans,

I am playing Tex Murphy - The Pandora Directive and i am on day 5.
I am in the evidence room, and i have the item that i need to put into the demagnitising chamber. (cash from locker, emily`s puzzle box and operation euphoria disc) I also have the code i need. So, i enter the code and the door opens.
But when i try to put any of these items into it, tex tells me the following message:

"I`d better clear some space in the demagnitising chamber"

But there is nothing in it.
Did i miss somthing, or do i somthing wrong?

I really love this game, and i want to continue, but i cant because of this.

Can anyone please help me ??

Thanks.

FireFox34
First off, welcome... Always nice to see/meet a new Tex fan...

I've never encountered this problem before... What system are you play it on??? Win95, Win98, XP, Vista, Mac??? If later than Win98 are you using Dosbox??? Do you have the patch installed???
I don't know if the patch will fix this problem or not, but it's a place to start if you don't have it installed...
Check Nilo's site out and see if any of his directions would be of use to you...
Nilo has made Config files for Dosbox for UAKM and Pandora with the Patches already installed in them...
Nilo has been a little busy lately, so if there is something you don't understand in his instructions or have tried them and it doesn't seem to work, then come on back, I'm sure one of our many technical gifted members can help get you running...

http://home.wideopenwest.com/~hbech/
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
is the disc still in the demagnatizing chamber? or did u pick it up already?
Hello,

Thank you for your response. Well, there is nothing in it.
But there is somthing strange about it, because before lucia pernell tells me about this disc that is in the evidence room, you can get in there and only the money can be picked up there.
I think that the problem is, that i put the money into this device, but i did not have a code to use it. So, i left the room, and tex tells me that he put the money back where he found it.
And i think here is it where it goes wrong (an error in the game).
While the money isnt in the device, the game "thinks" that it is still in there, when you come back later when you have the disc, money and the box.

So, very frustrated i started all over again (with a walktrough), and enter the evidence chamber only when i needed to. And lucky it works now. All items have been into the device and i can continue my game.

Thanks Again..

FireFox34.
Yep, sounds like a small glitch... I don't think I've ever tried to go in there until I needed to...

Glad you figured it out... Happy Gaming... And don't be a stranger...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Hello Bafitis, and thank you to welcome me here.

I am playing on Windows98SE, i dont have any patch installed for Pandora, because as far as i know, there aren`t any. I have a multi boot system (Xp, Vista, W98 and dos) to play these old but beautiful games. Well, like i mentioned in the other post, i started all over again, it took me several hours to go, where i was, and i was frustrated that i couldt not continue (witch also cost me more than 2 hours), but now i am on day 6.

Question, it came to my attention, that autotech is very buggy , when i walk around that place it will not take long, before the game crashes. A lot of purple letters and number it get on the screen and i am back at my desktop. Did you ever have that ? The rest of the game is fine, no problems there.

FireFox34
Go to the following website and click on the Downloads button, the first button on the left across the top of the screen... This will load all of Nilo's downloadable files... The very first file on the left hand side is the Original Patch for Pandora Directive... It solves several memory related issues...
He has it installed into the Config Files for people who are downloading the Pandora for XP files, but the one that I mentioned is the Patch Only, no other files... Since you are running Pandora through Win98, this is the only one you should need...
There is a Patch for UAKM and Overseer as well... So if you are running UAKM without Dosbox as well, you should probably get this patch...

http://home.wideopenwest.com/~hbech/MAIN%20PAGE.swf

yes the dreaded purple writting & then the crash, it only happens in the evidence room.

I used to get that error & the only way to solve it is move very slowly & save in several spots. it used to get me after I turned from the machine , I moved back away from the machine & then turned , that way it didn't happen. with The HD/dvd installer version for pandora I didn't get it at all.

The pandora patch has nothing to do with this error.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
plumgas wrote:The pandora patch has nothing to do with this error.
Good to know... I've never gotten the error, so I was just taken the first logical steps...

So walk backwards before turning around and the error doesn't happen??? I'll keep that in mind next time I do a play through...
Thanks, Plumgas...

I've had crashes in the Evidence Room too. I have the Tex4 patch which hasn't corrected it. It seems to happen whenever I'm too close to what should be a solid object like walls, lockers, the machine, and the floor. I actually crouched down too low at one point.

I suspect Tex is passing through them slightly. Since the game has nothing to render past that point, it crashes.