Does Overseer Support Creative DXR3 DVD decoder card?

Last edited by simon1234 on December 29, 2008 • 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I waanna play Overseer as it was soppoused to - non choppy high quality video and non choppy AC3 5.1 sound. And looks like the only way to do this is to get a DVD decoder card. I spotted Creative DXR3 DVD quite cheap. Should i get it? Witch is the best decoder card for Overseer? I shall not stop until my Overseer experience is perfect MUAHAHAHAHAAHAAHHA!!!! :twisted:
simon1234 wrote:I shall not stop until my Overseer experience is perfect
If you have the money and the space, you could always set up a Win95 computer for those older games... Overseer would run fairly smooth that way...

I'm not sure if anyone has gotten it to run completely Smooth yet on the newer systems... But if they have I'm sure they'll post and let you know...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Bafitis wrote:
simon1234 wrote:I shall not stop until my Overseer experience is perfect
If you have the money and the space, you could always set up a Win95 computer for those older games... Overseer would run fairly smooth that way...

I'm not sure if anyone has gotten it to run completely Smooth yet on the newer systems... But if they have I'm sure they'll post and let you know...
I alredy do! :D But you still need a software/hardware MPEG-2 decoder. The only software decoder i found that was compatibile with Overseer was DVD Express, ok the picture is ok but the sound is like talking on the phone. I also tryed with a hardware DVD decoder that was built in it's grapich card - ATI Rage 128 Pro Ultra, the sound was good but the picture was all like pink color. So basicly the only way to experience full quality is to get a hardware decoder. I don't have the Overseer game or the old computer right here now so i can't check if it's supported. Can anyone check if it is (in options where you choose decoder)?
try elcard you you still need dvd express installed & in config in overseer you still select dvd express. Frankly not sure why you would bother as the crashes in the dvd versions are a pain.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
plumgas wrote:try elcard you you still need dvd express installed & in config in overseer you still select dvd express. Frankly not sure why you would bother as the crashes in the dvd versions are a pain.
Yeah was searching quite a lot of time for elecard codec but didn't find it. A link would be great. :D Also i heard that a lot crashes are linked to dvd express and stuff. Heard that it works really great with hardware decoder and also i'm gonna get that 5.1 surround. :D I'm gonna test elcard but will probly getting a hardware decoder, will let you know how it works.
http://www.elecard.com/download/#freeware

this is the link, I have the older files if that helps. Make sure you have the overseer patch & the readme file in the patch talks about the creative dvd decoder

Muting the midi in rsx sound has stopped alot of crashes.
Lynne
plumgas wrote:http://www.elecard.com/download/#freeware

this is the link, I have the older files if that helps. Make sure you have the overseer patch & the readme file in the patch talks about the creative dvd decoder

Muting the midi in rsx sound has stopped alot of crashes.
Oh man i have no idea how to install this. I must run register.bat file. Right?
can't recall, maybe setup
Lynne