Welcome to UOTM 6.0!

Notice anything...different? After nearly 2 years, the major site overhaul of UOTM has finally arrived!

As you explore, you'll probably notice that many of the sections don't currently contain much in the way of downloadable content. I'll be adding some content over the coming days, but one of the major features of this site revamp is that now YOU can add your own content as well! If you are registered on the site, you now have the ability to help grow the repository of all things Tex Murphy. Check out any of the Downloads pages, the Community section, and the Interviews and Chat Logs pages and try it out!

I have been testing this all as I went along, but there is always room for error. If you come across any bugs or have any problems, please let me know!

I hope you all enjoy the new site! Thanks for all your patience and continued support!
Thanks so much!! It's awesome looking. Adding content as we speak.
:mrgreen:
Looks good... Nice work James... I look forward to the coming additions...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Didn't see this topic. I will reiterate my impressed feelings towards the wonderful work you have done. It looks great.
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
I've said it before, but I'll say it again: It's completely fantastic.

Say, do you have any images of older versions of the site? For the sake of posterity?
I like the design of the new site =)
Great work James!!

It will be nice to click on things and not see under construction anymore hehe.

I like also how the messageboard is integrated right into the site too and you aren't linked to another host.

The uploading thing is great too. That is definately a huge plus for the community. Very original too..... i don't think i've seen any sites that involve the community as much as this one yet. Well.. other than modding sites.

There is one thing i miss though. The tex radio and sound effects. I liked coming to the site and listening to the music as I read the messageboard. Made me feel like i was part of the tex world.

I was wondering if you could add it back in.

Or maybe we could ask the rest of the community what they think. Take a vote.
Wouldn't really be fair if you were putting it back just for me if everyone else didn't like it.

So what does everyone think?
Matt
lestat666 wrote:I like the design of the new site =)
Great work James!!

It will be nice to click on things and not see under construction anymore hehe.
Thanks lestat! Believe it or not, this is the first time in the history of the site that there hasn't been at least one "Coming Soon" page! I made it my mission to fill in all of the sections that have been missing over the years: for one example, character bios for Mean Streets and Martian Memorandum! It became a great way to get reacquainted with all of the Tex games!
lestat666 wrote:I like also how the messageboard is integrated right into the site too and you aren't linked to another host.
This is another of the major goals I had in mind with this revamp. I really wanted to make sure that UOTM became one cohesive whole!
lestat666 wrote:The uploading thing is great too. That is definately a huge plus for the community. Very original too..... i don't think i've seen any sites that involve the community as much as this one yet. Well.. other than modding sites.
I'm really very gratified to hear you say that, and it's been really awesome to see all the great content that has been added in just the past 24 hours! My biggest fear was that nobody would take advantage of the opportunity to add their own content, but that fear (so far) has been put to rest! :) Keep it up, everyone!!
lestat666 wrote:There is one thing i miss though. The tex radio and sound effects. I liked coming to the site and listening to the music as I read the messageboard. Made me feel like i was part of the tex world.

I was wondering if you could add it back in.

Or maybe we could ask the rest of the community what they think. Take a vote.
Wouldn't really be fair if you were putting it back just for me if everyone else didn't like it.

So what does everyone think?
You should be able to listen to all the Tex music by clicking the "WTXM" icon to the right of the screen. That should open up a popup window with a music player. As for the Radio Theater episodes, they can be found under the "Case Files" menu at the top of the site. I will be adding some sound effects to the Audio Downloads section in the coming days...but I'm sure there are some other folks who could add some, too. ;)

Glad you're enjoying the new site! Thanks again!
joliet_jane wrote:I've said it before, but I'll say it again: It's completely fantastic.

Say, do you have any images of older versions of the site? For the sake of posterity?
Thanks jane! I have the past two versions of the site still saved on my hard drive, and I think you can still find earlier versions (albeit somewhat broken) on the Internet Wayback Machine at http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www ... murphy.com.
I'll sum up my joy thusly:

You've done well, James!

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
The link you posted to the previous site pages, they don't work at all.

Most just show a black screen with a square and an x. =(

oh well.

the new site works. hehe

thats all i care about =) WEEEEEEE
Matt
I feel we are on the begining of reincarnation of "ACCESS" games and new version of pages can be helpfull.
Good job James.
Yeah, unfortunately the Wayback Machine tends not to retain many of the images on an old site. It's possible that I have the original files somewhere, but I'd have to dig back through my own archives.
lestat666 wrote:The link you posted to the previous site pages, they don't work at all.

Most just show a black screen with a square and an x. =(
Awesome Job, James - thanks a lot!

The idea with manually adding or linking interviews is really cool and i immediately added the first one.
James, what's the max upload size for files in the audio section? I attempted to upload some of the Lombard St episodes there but it said my limit was exceeded.

Also, did you want me to UL all of the music files that are on my site here... I think it would be great if we could centralize all the content as you've done such an amazing job.

Regards,

-Mat.
Right now I think I have the limit set at 5 MB. About how large are the Lombard St. files? I'm sure we can work out a temporary increase on the size limit. And if you want to upload your music files as well, you're more than welcome to!
Cubase wrote:James, what's the max upload size for files in the audio section? I attempted to upload some of the Lombard St episodes there but it said my limit was exceeded.

Also, did you want me to UL all of the music files that are on my site here... I think it would be great if we could centralize all the content as you've done such an amazing job.

Regards,

-Mat.