Overseer Trailer, Extended Version!

The masters of the video from the first 2 games are in much higher quality than the games ever displayed. So a current "remake," or port to say Vista or the 360 could mean the use of Bink and much better video quality.
We had a DVD on the pc when Overseer came out but I never got the damn thing to work on it. Can't remember if it was a format or video card issue. For some obscure reason though I could watch the cutscenes individually, which I did after finishing the cd version.
Part-Time Nomad
freepizza wrote:That does it. I am playing through all these games again soon. I've been putting it off too long.
That's The Spirit... 8)
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
lotus_j wrote:The masters of the video from the first 2 games are in much higher quality than the games ever displayed. So a current "remake," or port to say Vista or the 360 could mean the use of Bink and much better video quality.
If I recall correctly, Aaron and Chris mentioned a while back that they no longer had the UAKM and Pandora masters, which is sad. I only hope the same thing did not happen to the Overseer masters.

Oh and in terms of the video used on both the CD and the DVD version of overseer:

The CD version was compressed to Smacker using a progressive format at around 630x350 resolution, and was only 10 frames per second. AC and CJ both have already spoken about the heavy compression used on the CD version of the game, and the fact that they had to limit it to 10fps in order to fit. The interlacing was introduced to hide some of the compression, but could be switched off, making the compression 'doubling' more noticeable.

The DVD version used MPEG2 Video at 720x480 (4:3 letterboxed) at 29.97fps (interlaced) with an average bitrate of 2750Kbps. Much higher quality indeed, although tame compared to today's MPEG-2/DVD standards.

-Cub. =o)
Cubase wrote:If I recall correctly, Aaron and Chris mentioned a while back that they no longer had the UAKM and Pandora masters, which is sad.
They may not, but does that mean that they were thrown out or are they just in storage under someone else's control???
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
A little while ago I had an idea to remake the games in a simpler engine with pretty much everything including except the 3d navigation (but including the audio, cutscenes, conversations, and everything else), making it possible for newer generations to get the gist of the game without having to go throught the ardous process of getting the games to work on newer operating systems. It turned out to be a pretty big undertaking so I put it on hold, but maybe it could be done as a collaborative effort?

Bests, Rockefeller 8)
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

"ERROR: Error Code Does Not Indicate An Error"
I have DVD version of game and if I remamber it right, I had an interlaced video. I suppose, that the problem vas with no MPEG2 compatibility with my graphic card and I had no render accelerated grafic of the game.
But it is a couple of years, maybe 7 or more.

I will make some searching in my CD arcive and maybe I can find demo of Pandora where are included videos of advertaisment on UKM and making of PD.
If you are interested, let me know, where to put it, to make it downloadable for you.
That was incredible! I wonder: If they had that trailer played several times during prime time TV, ......

Besides the sexy dancer and Sonny's remark there was another scene not in the game. It was Eve Clements holding a gun.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
You're right Jim! I had to watch it again just to see that. Missed it the first time.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
The scene with Eve with the gun isnt new. Its after the Big Surf Lodge tip falls sour. And I think its automatic because you should get kicked out the first time but the definate way to get it is to visit Eve again without asking her about Greg Call the first time if you only visit on a need to basis. Tex says "Getting ready for your hunter's saftey course Lt?" And Eve says "I thought I told you to stay the hell out of my office!"

Something about the clip with Tex in the elevator made me think I hadnt seen it before. I'd like to see Mac with a gun though.
Interesting! I've gone back to see Eve and she gets angry and tosses you out, but I have never seen the gun scene. Good one, BJ!
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
I wonder if you avoided it by simply not visiting her to give her the Big Surf Lodge tip.