How do I??

I have all of the Tex Murphy games bu idiot that I am I upgraded to XP then vista and now find that I do not have a machine to play on. Vista and XP will not take the games . Anyone out there have any suggestions? what would I need to play them. I am willing to build a "Retro" machine if I kbnew what components it needs.
If you can help me you can post here or send me an e-mail at [email protected]
Thanks
Jim
I haven't upgraded to Vista, but I do know that Dosbox works on XP. Dosbox is a dos emulation program you can download free of charge. A ton of folks here on the board use dosbox to play UAKM and PD. Just google Dosbox and you should find their page.

Overseer should work in XP. I think you have to fidget with the built in compatibility controls in XP to get it to work, but I haven't had any trouble getting Overseer to work in XP. To work with the compatibility, you have to right click on Overseer's executable file and select compatibility. You may even need to do that for the setup file, I can't remember if it will install otherwise.

By the way, welcome to the board!
Indeed welcome

And to all who know me im sorry for being silent so long. u was always in my mind, i just lacked the time and will for a while.Was a bit down and all but feeling alot better now.
Live is too short to waste it make sure its with the one u love !
MAIL : [email protected]
Welcome J walker, glad to have you back Michel.

http://home.wideopenwest.com/~hbech/MAIN%20PAGE.swf

This page will get you up an running.
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
Welcome...

There is a Forum named Tex Support, should have all the answers you need in there... And if not, just post a Thread like you did here and the Technical Idols of our Community will come to your aid...
Best of luck getting the games to run...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Welcome to our wonderful international community, J Walker!!! There are several people here who are able to help you with your situation.

Michel - so good to see you here again. We missed you greatly.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"