Just won an Under A Killing Moon novel off Ebay for $42

So keep checking EBay its out there. My maximum bid was $150. The $42 included shipping and handling. I won the auction for $38. Guess people dont know how valuable it is.
That's a VERY good price for that book. I've seen it for as much as $200! Good going, BJ.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Congratulations! It always feels good to get something hot at a cool price on ebay.

Me, I think I paid too much for my Pandora there. But I was impatient and wanted to play it right away, so I don't regret it.
Good job, beats the 50-something I paid on Amazon... Still, I'm glad I got it when I did, because it ended up being up over 70 the last time I looked... I just checked, they are all over 80 right now on Amazon, except for one that is in the 50s, I don't imagine it is in very good condition...

I think AC should do a reprint and distribute again, just a few thousand copies, nothing too big... I'm sure it would be worth it...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
I'm so happy I didn't go back and bid against you Blair. I bid on it the day or two after it landed. And thought about going back tonight and trying to get it.

I'm glad I didn't. I would have just cost you more $$. Cause, love the guys, but 150 for UAKM is too rich for my blood.

Congrats.

Now that ebay disguises the bidders its harder to find out if some of the board members are eyeing it. We should work out a a system . :mrgreen:

cheerios!
Jen wrote: Now that ebay disguises the bidders its harder to find out if some of the board members are eyeing it. We should work out a a system . :mrgreen:
Well, if it is an AC or Tex item that we find on eBay and bid on it, maybe we could make it a rule of thumb to post a Thread about it so that out of respect, others here on the board don't go after it??? Sound like a Good System???
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Oh sorry Jen I didnt know it was you who was I outbidding. I was shocked to find it on Ebay and figured a fan like you would already have the copy by now. Thanks for the congrats.

Baftis the system is a good idea. Check the board before bidding. As far as reprints I also think they should release UAKM and the Pandora Directive on DVD for the XP.
I don't know if the DVD thing will happen... They would have to do the reprograming that Nilo and others have come up with and like Sierra did with their classic games... I don't see the Power Wanna Bes putting the effort out for that... I would love for them to release any of the 5 games for XP or Vista or the Mac equivalent, I just don't think they care, despite how much AC and CJ or any others have fought for the series...

If I understand the type of Fan Jen is, you can never have enough products when it comes to the Tex Series... I'm kind of like that in my Zippo Lighter Collection, over the years I've acquired a few hundred Zippos... Even though I don't smoke anymore, I still collect them if I see one that perks my interest... I have the entire NFL Collection, I have a Harley Davidson Collection, along with many others, that's just to give you a small idea... I would say that over 95% of my Zippos are unused as well...

Anyway, as for the UAKM Novel, have you ever read it or will this be your first time???

And, Do you own Pandora Directive??? If not it can be gotten on Amazon... Last time I check there were 15 available I think at different prices, a few as low as 5 bucks, including shipping... I don't know details about Quantities that were printed for either book, but I do find it amazing how much they differ in price... If I had to guess, I would think that AC had a lot more PD printed than UAKM...

Again, congrats... Even if it's a little worn, you got a great deal...

Now that I think of it, I was trying to get this Pandora set with discs, box, booklet, book, and a special WinXP disc and ended up pushing it to $52. Then I quit.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=006

But having sold on ebay at times, I know that it's best for the seller if the price goes up!
Of course it is bestfor the seller... You also have to be careful of people pushing up the bid for the seller... Sometimes people do it on purpose, they are friends of the sellers, eBay has called this Shell Bidding...

Instead of a Seller starting their Item at a Desired price, they hope that bidding will push it up, when it doesn't, they have a friend help push the bidding, the seller will tell them to quit at a certain amount and if their friend goes over the last legit bidder, you might find yourself being given a "Second Chance" Offer... My suggestion is, unless you really need the item you've been bidding on, don't take those second chance offers... Take a look at the bidding and you should be able to notice if it is the same person running up the bid, because they will have several bids only a dollar or 2 apart until they get up over your bid, then they'll wait to see if you bid again and then they'll run it up again...

Baftis who is Nilo? A poster at the boards? Could he do the DVD programming? I have the Pandora novel from Jim the Old Guy and yes this will be my first time reading the UAKM novel.
What kind of world is it where some people don't know Nilo.
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
freepizza wrote:What kind of world is it where some people don't know Nilo.
I was thinking that myself...

Bjyman, you sure you don't know who Nilo is??? Or are you busting my chops and playing some Alzheimer's joke with me???
If you really don't know who Nilo is, I can't really think of how to describe him... Nilo is a wonder when it comes to computers and all around great guy from what I know of him... Here is his Website, go check it out, it's an amazing site...

http://home.wideopenwest.com/~hbech/

Nilo has had some hard times lately, which is why we haven't seen a whole lot of him recently... He posts mostly in the Tex Support Forum and if you go in there you'll see a Thread he made, sadly his Sister past recently... So he has been dealing with that... As well as last time I talked to him before the Sad news, he had been swamped with work...

Nilo isn't his real name of course, it's his name here and he has a Picture of Nilo, Tex's Landlord, from the game as his Avatar... As for the DVD for Pandora and UAKM, someone posted over in Tex Support a program that will help you do that... You'll still need DosBox, but it's possible to put PD and UAKM on DVDs so that you don't have to do the Disc Swapping... I downloaded the programs, but haven't unzipped them or used them yet... In fact I'm the one that asked the same question in Tex Support... A fairly new member SansGUI helped me find the files... I haven't spoken with him in detail like I have Nilo, but he seems like he is a Wonder himself when it comes to computers... Haven't seen much from him recently, but then again I haven't seen anyone posting for help in Tex Support recently either... Here is the Tex Support Thread that can help you with the CD to DVD thing if you are interested...

http://www.unofficialtexmurphy.com/mess ... f=3&t=1567

By The Way, Enjoy UAKM, it's great reading, just like Pandora is...

Jim gave me both of them in PDF format for the computer... I tried reading them, got halfway through one of them, but I just couldn't sit here and read an actual book on the computer, so I ended up going out on Amazon and buying them... Reading news articles or posts on a message board like this is one thing, but to try and relax and read a book, it's just a different story...

Congratulations, both books are more than worth to read them.
I bought both of them a couple of years back and at first I wasn´t sure what to expect after reading the horrible Phantasmagoria book ( Which was nothing but an XL walkthrough), but still I thought, hey it´s Tex and its Aaron Conners. And It turned out that they´re great and perfect for every Tex fan. Especially Under a killing moon adds a lot more depth to the story than the game. Pandora is more like the game, but I mean that was one of the most complex adventures of all time anyway, so there wasn´t as much room for "other stuff" like in Under a killing moon. The books are a big hommage to hard boiled storys and they´re written by someone who really knows what he is doing. Always worth to be read again. Definately on a much higher quality level than people could expect from novels related to games.
For me personally these 2 books are another proof why Aaron is the best author for Adventure games behind Jane Jensen. I mean I know Jane published books that had nothing to do with games like Milennium rising, kind of sad Aaron never published any other books, because he definately has the qualitys.
Bjyman wrote:So keep checking EBay its out there. My maximum bid was $150. The $42 included shipping and handling. I won the auction for $38. Guess people dont know how valuable it is.

You only won that auction because I forgot to bid on it. And that is no joke. I had it in my list of items to watch and I went up to my girlfriends parents' house over the weekend and totally forgot about it. So consider yourself lucky.
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”