Pandora with Dosbox

Cheers for you! I raised two sons by myself after divorce - not easy and sweat working too but might be different for a man. Anyway good luck.

Well I think I am a different kind of a Senior Citizen - I love the old time stuff so liked Tex in all three of his adventures just as they were (technical aspects and all) but I also love the future with all its possibilities. The computer era is a boon to me! Absolutely fascinated with it all. As I have said before - when I go plan to take my hard drive with me :mrgreen:

So a movie of Tex would have been great if done well and that would be for me to have Chris and Aaron overseeing it all. But the possibilities of a TV series! Had not thought of that and yes, it would be fascinating and entertaining I think. Again if done well with same people overseeing the project.

Yep did the Alien in and would you believe I have forgotten in Pandora how to travel! I know in the others it seemed you just put your cursor to the left side of the screen to bring up where you wanted to go but no so in Pandora evidently. Can advise? :oops:
You can't Travel from Roswell until you've finished everything there... At least I don't think you can... I've never tried to travel from Roswell before getting the Power Cell...

I know you can travel before entering the Underground Complex, because I always go back to Save Archie before entering the Underground Complex... But I've never tried to travel once inside until I was done...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
yes you can travel back to the electronics shop to buy the battery pack.............

you have to go through the laser shield however & then you can travel
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Ah ha - am right at the lasser shield so will proceed through and see how it goes then. Thanks for tip.
Ahhh... I've never gone to Roswell without the Battery Pack, so never had a need to try...

Is that what you forgot, was to buy the battery???
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

I finall got outside the lasser field but had to go clear outside the compound in order to get the travel map. Now have bought the robo battery pack and am trying to pay for it but having a difficult time - have tried all kinds of ways to combine money and battery then battery and money and click on buy in the conversation field but no matter what I do, it seems I am missing something.

I have the battery in inventory but when I go outside the shop, can't travel. Thought it was because I had not paid for the battery but I must have because it is in the inventory.

Sure am having a difficult time getting through this game. Any advise here? :(
Since you are in the middle of the Roswell bit, you can most likely probably only travel back to there... Try traveling form inside of the Electronics Shop...

if it's in you inventory you did buy it, so just go back to roswell, i forgot it once that's why I always buy it when I buy the photo analyser
Lynne
That is what I figured plumgas that I had already bought and paid for it but still unable to travel, and to bafitis - yep tried that both inside and out re traveling. Beginning to think I have a disc problem maybe because having so many problems.

Is the game on DVD disc that one can buy does anyone know and if so how reliable is the source selling it?
The only thing I can suggest if you feel you are having Disc problems, is to buy and download it from www.gog.com... Discs aren't required if you do that... Or you could buy another set of Discs off of ebay, they are usually pretty cheap on ebay...

There are ways to convert Pandora to a DVD, but I don't know how to do it, I've only read about it being done...

There is also a Flash Drive setup that is possible... This I know works, it is how I play the game... DrPaul worked up a way to put all needed files onto the Flash Drive and you just play it straight from there...
I'd offer to copy his work for you, but I don't have any spare Flash Drives sitting around right now...

I'm in the process of Divorce, so I'm keeping as much money free as I can, so I haven't been buying any unneeded items lately, such as Flash Drives... Once we get out of the paper shuffling phase, the litigation is going to cost a small fortune...

I can suggest one other thing... You now know how to trap the Alien, you could go back to before Roswell and make sure you buy the Battery before going to Roswell... I realize that would be a pain in the rear, but sometimes you have to go backwards to go forward...

Lots of good options from you! So one by one - how large a flash drive would be needed? Could buy one myself for you to transfer files - but only if you have time and energy considering what you are going through right now.

And do not mind going back to buy the battery pack but will it be there when I return to Roswell and then go back to where I left off? I have tried that in several games, the going back, only to discover when I resumed, the item was not there. Just the way the game was constructed I think.

I would consider buying and downloading from gog. BUT am stuck in a game right now where I had the discs and since it was purported to be a game you could play without discs, I played well into the game and then sold the discs since I thought I did not need them. Then backed off the game for awhile and just now went to play it - lo and behold it is asking for a disc! It never did before! So am stuck now in the game Art of Murder, The Hunt for Puppeteer. Not a bad little game but sure can't play it so will have to buy all over again I guess.

But want to stay with Pandora for time being - enough problems there :roll:
Depends on if you just want Pandora on the Flash Drive or all the games, except for Overseer...

4 GB is needed for Pandora alone... But an 8 GB will hold all 4 games, plus other things like the Radio Theaters and User Manuals, etc...

Yeah I have the time and wouldn't mind doing it for you, I'd love to help out... An 8 GB Flash Drive can be gotten online at places like www.buy.com or www.mwave.com for under 20 dollars... ebay sometimes has some good deals as well if you can catch them at the right time...
I don't know if you can import your saved game files though... As you mentioned about Art Of Murder, when you went from Discs to No Discs your saved games aren't working... I'm not sure if Pandora would be like that or not... There's a chance you might have to replay it...

As for going back and buying the Battery, you would have to play through again, going to Roswell, trapping the Alien and all of that... Just as long as you buy the Battery before going, it will stay with you...
You can't go back and buy the Battery and then load a game that is already in Roswell, it won't work that way...

As for your problem with Art Of Murder, have you tried playing a New game instead of loading an older saved game from your Discs???

nondaj

the version you can download from gog is actually better than the original, being the files from the hard drive & not disks so it's run faster, it also been changed to run on the newer systems. $9.99 3gb download

if you want to send me your file I can have a look at it to what the problem is & I can make the adjustment. Send me a private message with your email address.

I could also send you a game file, just let me know where you were up to before you left roswell
Lynne
Am trying to send you a PM but am struggling to understand the PM site as to how to use it. Can give me a brief lesson?
In everyone's post at the bottom is a button that says "PM"... Just click on it and it will take you to a screen, not unlike how you post to the Message Board... The box that you type in will be a bit small and it will have Quoted everything from their post, you can either leave it or delete... Type what you want that person to read and click submit just as you would a Message Board Post...