Howdy from Aaron & Chris

Go to this Website... If it's been years since you've played, it's high time you've played again...
Everything you need to play is at this website, except for the Game CDs... If you still have them then you are good to go, if not, I direct you towards eBay to acquire them for your enjoyment once again...

http://home.wideopenwest.com/~hbech/
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Hooray for hearing from Aaron & Chris again. :)
When I bought my first computer, the salesman spoke to me about the game that was included in the box with the computer. He told methat the game was fabulous, and asked him why, what is so good in the game? He tryed to answer but didnt, he wasn't abble to explain what. Now I understand why the salesman was quiet when he tried to explain what was so fabulous in this game, because it was Under a killing moon.
That's a cool story....I remember watching a tech show on t.v. back in 94 and they were showing UAKM on it...it was the scene where the Chameleon is beating the hell outta Tex with the pipe...I remember thinking, "That game looks sweet!!!" Then, my friend Steve (MacMalden) told me that another one of our friends had bought it, so we borrowed it and it was on from there....good times.
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
I can't remember where/when/why I got my first copy of Tex... I just knew that I looked the shelves over and over for anything like it afterwards... If you search it in Google, you'll find praises of UAKM all over the place... They are a great series of games...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

I remember when I played UAKM every evening, after diner, it was for me a trip to an incredible world. Sometime I went to the tex office, just to be there, and to listen to the music that played in this room. I thank in myself "what a beautiful music for a video game!".
Yes it was indeed... Still can't get over how advanced it was for it's time... And to think as good as those games were and the owners of the Copyrights don't think it is worth the investment of doing another one... Sad world, they'll waste money on things Grand Theft Auto and Bully, but won't commit to making another Tex Murphy...

I prefers plying my UAKM on an intel pentium 120 Hz than on a ps3...
No, No, No... I wasn't saying they need to make it on a Console Gaming System... It would still be Computer based game... I can't imagine TM being on a Console either... Take-Two makes games for all systems, but they won't give up the funds needed for the next edition of the Series... I was just using those as examples of what they will waste their money on verses what they won't...

I know you didn't say that!
Oh, I thought you meant that I was implying that the New Tex Murphy game would be on a Console just because it is Take-Two that owns the Rights...

I wonder if they even realize they own the rights??? Cause sometimes things like that end up buried when companies change hands so many times, that the company in the end may not even realize what they have...

Anyone know when the last time that AC asked or made a pitch about a New Tex Game???

I'm fairly certain AC and CJ know where the rights are. It's how to get them that was complicated.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
No, No, I wasn't implying that AC didn't know where the rights were, I was saying I wonder if Take-Two even realized that they have the rights to it... I was also just wondering when the last time they pitched the idea of a new game to the current rights owner...

I was given a copy of Under A Killing Moon only weeks after its release. I remember walking through the brand new electronics shop "Incredible Universe" and finding the very section of the large store that every young man salivates over: The Games Section. This one was VAST. And by vast, I mean, if the carpet were an ocean and I were a pirate galleon it would have taken a lifetime to traverse this ocean of splendidness. ANYWAYS!
On the screen was a demo for a new game and, being a young one at the time, was drawn to the TV like a moth to an open flame, knowing full well I'd be burned by the desire to play whatever was on the screen, no matter what it was.

That's when it happened.

I knew true love.

I saw our Tex, in his fedora, talking to Rook in the pawn shop.

My life became utterly void and empty without this game. I remember begging and pleading and fighting to have it purchased at that moment. It had to be that day.
And still to this day I have that same copy (can't find the original box for the life of me) that I play roughly once a year, sometimes twice in a year if I really miss him. True story, too.

Anyways. I was thinking about some things as i was attempting to sleep the other night and it hit me. Take Two is a sinking ship, full of bad games and horrible ideas. Look at their recent releases, I think The Darkness is a classic example of poor gaming. But that's besides the point. I think they've got more than enough funding to make a GOOD game for once. They thought their releases would be amazing, they weren't. They must think Tex'll suck something fierce if they won't use him. They'd be wrong.

Besides, Video games and movies have been playing this teeter-totter game for a while now. When Under A Killing Moon was released, it revolutionized gaming by being very plot-oriented instead of action-oriented. Now we got mindless action movies and remakes while gaming is becoming VERY story-line driven. Tex would be in his element in today's gaming environment!

Imagine, if you will, a 3D Rendered Tex Murphy, in a 3rd person over-the-shoulder camera view (Like what was used in Resident Evil 4), use a crosshair in the middle of the screen to determine what you're looking at, and use the action bar from UAKM "Use, Open, Examine, Etc." You've got yourself an arcadie-handling Tex Murphy that could play just as well as the old one. If they HAVE to throw in Run-and-Gun segments for today's players, it's an option, I know Tex owns (or owned) a gun! Just my thoughts...
~Apparently, I'm a Complete Fool~
Chris is busy running a golf simulator business, but we have continued to work together on several different projects. I think he donated the office because he likes having me around.
Awwwww.... :) :-3
NeroOmega wrote: Imagine, if you will, a 3D Rendered Tex Murphy, in a 3rd person over-the-shoulder camera view (Like what was used in Resident Evil 4), use a crosshair in the middle of the screen to determine what you're looking at, and use the action bar from UAKM "Use, Open, Examine, Etc." You've got yourself an arcadie-handling Tex Murphy that could play just as well as the old one. If they HAVE to throw in Run-and-Gun segments for today's players, it's an option, I know Tex owns (or owned) a gun! Just my thoughts...
That's a Max Payne game with Max acting as a detective-- which would've been nice, because Max Payne is a detective!

Also, I'll admit that it was the main character as well as the gameplay that had me glued to the MP games-- ditto for Tex!