Howdy from Aaron & Chris

Aaron & Chris!

Thanks for the update! Ever since your last message I've been coming here almost every day to hear what happens next - I'm probably not the only one. It's great that you keep in touch like this. You don't see such thoughtful involvement these days. It's sad the way things happened with Tex - as a youth I sure would have enjoyed a few more Christmases with Tex under the tree, Chance, Trance, Polarity, or whatever came next. But would this community exist now had the circle been completed back then? It makes you think, I think...

I personally would love to see you in here more often, with or without game related news. Just seeing you around, allowing us to get to know you, and allowing you to get to know us...it may be different and good. I'm not sure if you know this, but we have quite the collection of personalities and talents here ~ the writers, the directors, the comedians, the thoughtfuls, the skeptics, the techs, the 3d artists, the programmers, the game designers...these are the kinds of people your creation has brought together...show me any other non-academic forum where this is the case...

Your endeavors with regards to your game do sound perplexing, and for that my thoughts are with you. There's nothing quite as painful as being struck down time and time again. I really wish you luck, now that you're running on your own steam ~ if you need any help...

Looking forward to your next visit!

Bests, Rockefeller 8)

P.S. ~ 400th Post - Yay!
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

"ERROR: Error Code Does Not Indicate An Error"
rockefeller wrote:I personally would love to see you in here more often, with or without game related news. Just seeing you around, allowing us to get to know you, and allowing you to get to know us...it may be different and good. I'm not sure if you know this, but we have quite the collection of personalities and talents here ~ the writers, the directors, the comedians, the thoughtfuls, the skeptics, the techs, the 3d artists, the programmers, the game designers...these are the kinds of people your creation has brought together...show me any other non-academic forum where this is the case...
This is a really good point. I'd also love to see AC and CJ around here a lot more often, even without news. The people here are amazing, so definitely don't feel hesitant about hanging out with us whenever you can! :D
Hey boys! Thanks very much for dropping by. I'm very interested in hearing about this project. It SOUNDS like an adventure game, dare to spill a few more beans or is it too early?
Hey there Aaron and Chris. It is so good to hear from you guys again! Thanks for coming by and saying whats up. It is always great to hear from you and hearing what you guys have been up to. I would have to agree with some of the other posts in saying that you should try to check in more often. We would love to have you join our chats and such on the board. I have some questions, but I will save them for the other thread. But thank you so much for stopping by.

And on a side note, I think that you're correct. Our community is on its own and has grown over the years. But I think that we were all brought here by something that is near and dear to us, and that would be something that I personally be proud of. Thank you. Later.
"If at first you don't succeed,
redefine sucess."
- Sowden
www.nineteenthstar.cjb.net
www.sowden.cjb.net
I just had to stop in and say thanks for keeping the hope alive for all of us avid Tex fans. You guys have created an empire of Texamaniacs and we are thirsty for some more. 10 years later, we still have the faith that you guys are going to put it together for us one more time and finally we can get an ending to the story for our hero…Tex Murphy.
Glad to hear that the Tex Saga has been completed. Very anxious and excited to see how our beloved PI will save the day (or not save the day) this time. I've got so many questions...Will there ever be anymore books that you will release based on Tex? I need to know!! [email protected]
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
Hey good to see you drop in again and thanks for the update.

I think a general question thing might be the easiest, although the old online chats we had were pretty cool.

I still love the radio theatre more than most things (though Pandora is up there too). I felt totally immersed closing my eyes and listening to it.
David
I think I agree with demonlawyer...the radio theater bits were excellent. If a game is never reached, I think that new updates on the storyline via the radio theater would be a great and fitting way to close out this saga.
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
Indeed good to hear from you.

Glad to hear that we may see tex again....
Thanks for stopping by, AC!:)
I agreed what the rest of the guys said on their behalf.
Take it easy
Wow, great to hear from both of you. I'll definitely be keeping my ear to the ground on this new project of yours. There are some great titles in the industry that keep coming out but i've been getting disillusioned with gaming lately. Let's see what you guys have up your sleeve :)
I gots a webcomic! http://yetanothercomic.com
Alright this sucks! why did I have to be working on Amped when Aaron and Chris showed up.. God damn you 2k Games! :D

Its good to see that Chris and You are still as close as you've always been and its good to see you are both still working in the industry.

Oh yeah and we just submitted the last of the Amped stuff today to be exact so I hope all goes good. It was painfully hard QAing all that myself (well I mean there were 2 other teams, but I was like the only 1 in Australia). So hopefully it'll be ready for sale soon.

If AC ever gets to reading this, thanks for signing the copy of UAKM for me :D it has been quite inspirational for me. I just wish I could have asked a few questions :(
adninsreaction wrote:I think I agree with demonlawyer...the radio theater bits were excellent. If a game is never reached, I think that new updates on the storyline via the radio theater would be a great and fitting way to close out this saga.
I agree with this as well. I would love a new Tex game. But, the radio theatre is a good second choice. My wife (who doesn't play video games at all) listened to the original radio theatre with me and she got into it as much as I did.
Hi guys. I just wanted to throw my hat out there. I've been going through a trying time in my life right now, so I didn't get to throw in any questions, but reading through the thread, I do believe that anything I may have asked was answered. To me, The Pandora Directive will forever be one of the most amazing pieces of software that I have ever played. Tex means a lot to me, if not directly, but indirectly in my life. The one liners, the dry humor, everything in the characters and story has made an impact on the way I live my life. (For better and for worser ;-) )

I wish you luck on the new game, and I know I'll buy it when you have it finished if only to see the framework created. Not to mention that I'm sure you'll have a masterfully crafted story to it as well. Again good luck, and keep in touch!

Malloy
I'm not fat ... I'm festively plump.
I'd like to know if they have any plans of showing their new game off at one of the major conferences in the future. Since if they do I may pay them a visit :D (as I can get into the actual industry member stuff the public can't due to my job).