Overseer: Side Screen Menu Flickering

I don't know why, but when I try to enter into any side menu in Overseer, it flickers terribly and won't let me click on anything. It just flickers, and disappears, even the control panel at the top. I had to alt+tab just to close the game from windows. It never did this when I first installed the game. Could the cause be my video card settings? My in-game settings for video are hardware rendering, highest res, highest quality, etc. I have vsync enabled, if that means anything... Also, I bought a new widescreen monitor last month, but I have tried running it on my old 17in. with the same results.
What video card do you have and which operating system are you using to play the game? Are you trying to play the DVD or CD version? Have you followed any guides to installing the game, if so which one? Have you tried downloading the patched files from Nilo's Place?
A sansGUI interface is one that does not have the small features called "Windows". The term comes from the French word sans, meaning "without".

SansGUI's are more typically used in Unix-like Operating Systems. The conventional wisdom is that a GUI (Grapical User Interface) help guide the casual computer user to perform routine tasks with Point and Click simplicity. SansGUI's have acquired considerable acceptance for users accustomed to the CLI (Command Line Interface).