Overseer keeps crashing in Alcatraz

I'm using Win 7. Everytime I try and turn away from the locked door where I have to find the invisible key to unlock it, the game crashes to the desktop. But it doesn't crash well enough that I can restart it. The computer thinks I'm still running the game. So I have to log out and try again. This has been happening consistently and it's driving me nuts.

Also, I've played the game before and seen the droids when I'm in the corridors. But I can't see them at all. This is the GOG version of the game which I've had no trouble with in the past. I'm playing in entertainment mode.

Any help?
does this happen in other games or only overseer as I was having a problem with all games dropping down to the task bar & found a fix to edit regedit for this problem.

not sure about your invisable key or invisable droids but many problems in overseer have been solved with the dgvoodoo2 patch file.
http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2.html
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Thanks for the tip Plumgas. My UTM keeps blocking me from downloading any of the dgvoodoo files, saying they contain viruses. Have you had any issues?
Problem solved. I learned, through the board at GOG, that cell block A was plagued with these crashes, so I needed to move slowly and turn only to the right and stay away from the walls. Once I got out of that area, I was fine. Game finished.
Chandler wrote:Thanks for the tip Plumgas. My UTM keeps blocking me from downloading any of the dgvoodoo files, saying they contain viruses. Have you had any issues?
no chandler its fine & I also clicked on the link and I had no warnings either.
Lynne
Thanks plumgas. I have an industrial strength UTM, so it sometimes catches things that are OK. It follows the better-safe-than-sorry principle. :wink:

I temporarily allowed that site through and got a few versions of the file.
You haven't said whether you tried the dgvoodoo patch or not....
I almost suspect spamming in our fun little forum, chandler. I checked this person message about BFG forum and it loaded just fine for me, the Queen of Internet Oops! Maybe they really are having troubles, but the several postings of one link is most suspicious.
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
silvermitt wrote:I almost suspect spamming in our fun little forum, chandler. I checked this person message about BFG forum and it loaded just fine for me, the Queen of Internet Oops! Maybe they really are having troubles, but the several postings of one link is most suspicious.
I am watching don't worry
Lynne