Computer games discussion thread

What is your favourite game from "Monkey Island" series?
"Secret of Monkey Island"? "Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge"? "Curse of Monkey Island"?
"Escape from Monkey Island"? "Tales of Monkey Island"?
My choice is "Curse of Monkey Island". Your choice?
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).
I've only played Tales of Monkey Island and liked it. I'll have to play the rest, as they are regarded as classics and available with new graphics and voice over in gog.
The last game I've played is Gone home. Boring game, you just need to click on notes and light switches. the story is a teenage romance with no surprises. Bad writing.
Currently playing Broken age.
Who played at "Age of Empires" series?
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).
Curse of Monkey Island is my favourite of the series.

What is Broken Age like? Any good after all the hype?

Age of Empires sucked hours and hours of my life away many years ago. I loved it but every game was 3 hours at a time. Glad to have my life back!
David
I'm playing part 2 of Broken age. It's a funny game, but this second part repeats locations and characters, and I don't remember some because I played part 1 long ago. Good but not great, worth it's money.
Last edited by Alexander on May 07, 2015 • 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Demonlawyer wrote:Curse of Monkey Island is my favourite of the series.

What is Broken Age like? Any good after all the hype?

Age of Empires sucked hours and hours of my life away many years ago. I loved it but every game was 3 hours at a time. Glad to have my life back!
Try "Cossacks" series, David. They are more dynamic than "Age of Empires".
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).
Who played "CSI" and "Law & Order" series ?
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).
My fave was Curse of Monkey Island too, I love the visual style of it.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Who played in "Gabriel Knight" series? "Gabriel Knight. Sins of the Fathers", "Gabriel Knight 2 The Beast Within" and "Gabriel Knight 3 Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned"?
My favorite game is "Gabriel Knight 2 The Beast Within". Cool, FMV game!
What are your choices?
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).
I'll bite that for 300$, Alex!

Yes, Beast Within was a really good one too. I haven't played the remastered version of the original GK games, but if I ever do, I might have a different answer. Till then, I liked the second game of the series best.
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
silvermitt wrote:I'll bite that for 300$, Alex!

Yes, Beast Within was a really good one too. I haven't played the remastered version of the original GK games, but if I ever do, I might have a different answer. Till then, I liked the second game of the series best.
Well, silvermitt, you can buy "Gabriel Knight. Sins of the Fathers" re-make on Steam.
Here is the link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/262000/
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).
What can you tell about "Police Quest" and "SWAT" series? Did you play them? Do you like it?
My favorite game is "Police Quest IV: Open Season". In this game you must track down and catch an EXTREMELY dangerous psycho-maniac killer.

Please, take look: http://www.gog.com/game/police_quest_1_2_3_4 and http://www.gog.com/game/police_quest_swat_1_2
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).