Top Banner

australia had the hottest year on record for 2014.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Well, not sure your POV on that, but as most of Australia is a desert, I'd say watch out for hot glass from the melted sand! Yikes! On the bright side, I suppose if it does get hot enough, it might fry off some of your Incredibly Deadly Vipers that reside in Australia.

Honestly, the weather swings are greatly exagerated everywhere (for what, the last 10 years?). This year, those poor buggers from Britain to the Nordic countries have had one heck of storm after storm. At least, according to global weather maps that I've seen. And, if I am not mistaken, a few years ago, the arctic blast that pulled down to southern USA was so bitter cold, that our own reptiles in the Everglades were dropping dead of hypothermia.

That was the year I should have taken the Florida trip offered by the in-laws. But I figured the gigantic cockroaches were probably still thriving, so I declined.

Try to keep cool, Plumgas!
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
silvermitt wrote:Well, not sure your POV on that, but as most of Australia is a desert,
Are you for real..... a desert. Obviously you haven't seen Australia.
Lynne
From what I've seen OZ has everything from tropical jungle to arid desert to snow covered mountains. Basically, a country/continent that just can't make up its mind :lol:
we snowy mountains in a selected area & people travel there for a ski trip in the winter,
tropical areas would be in Queensland at the top of australia.
Northern Territory could be classified as Desert area & is the hottest part of Australia.

Quite possibly you have viewed one state & not Australia as a whole. I live in New South wales
& we have the ocean, rivers & bushland & beautiful sydney harbour.
Lynne
When I said "everything from" I meant the whole gammit. That would include the more temperate areas around Sydney, the Gold Coast, everything. What I was getting at is OZ is place of many climates/environments.
Chandler wrote:When I said "everything from" I meant the whole gammit. That would include the more temperate areas around Sydney, the Gold Coast, everything. What I was getting at is OZ is place of many climates/environments.
Basically, a country/continent that just can't make up its mind...........

Like america we have different states but not so many
Lynne
plumgas wrote:
silvermitt wrote:Well, not sure your POV on that, but as most of Australia is a desert,
Are you for real..... a desert. Obviously you haven't seen Australia.

Sure there's lot of variety. But a huge desert too. I'm going on maps. Nope, haven't been there. So it's greener than I thought, but there's still a really large desert there.
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
James LeMosy wrote:As has been mentioned, I do have a pretty major website update in the works. I can't guarantee any release date at this point, but rest assured that I'm still making as much progress as I can in the small amount of free time that I can scrounge together. :)
Good to hear! :)

If you need any help, I do have serviceable graphic design, CSS, and HTML skills.