Echooooo

Wow, were did everyone go? One day there's conversations like crazy and next it's Chernobyl park.
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
Reminds me of the days post Overseer.

This bohemian photo-bombed Coit Tower's selfie.
:)

People are fickle creatures. Eh, well, at least I got my towel when it's over.

bbl, I have a piyo class to go wreck my self with before I wreck myself again with another kick your butt exercise class. God, being old and out of shape really sucks.
I'm here! But don't have anything to add to what's been posted already. Played Overseer and Pandora Directive again. Tesla put me back into the Tex mood and I wanted more. I found out that he'd been having bad dreams back in Overseer, too.
Yeah us old timers are used to the peaks and lulls on this board. This the part where we start discussing non-Tex things like books, movies, and recipes.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
I'm planning a long-ish review of the novel, which I'll be posting here when it's done.
For me, could be time to dust off the old website and add some Tesla Effect stuff to it.
I am still enjoying my copy of the novel and am avoiding any unnecessary spoilers, hence my apprehension for poking around here lately.

But I am much like an ever-present benevolent overlord; always watching, always listening. Much like Superman. Or the NSA. Whichever you prefer.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
I'm still waiting for Grandma's de-e-licious Cheeseburger Goulash recipe

But I'm still here
David
Well, if anyone is interested in fiction, there is a fabulous book series I absolutely love to read called The Hollows. It follows a woman, Rachel Morgan and her series of adventures. It is paranormal with the variety of species of people. However, the reason it's so darn good is because the way the author writes it, it's really believeable is some ways. She has Cincinnati down to tiny detail, including the underground tunnels that were abandoned after being built nearly 100 years ago. The people are realistic, depite the obvious fiction of what they are. I highly recommend these books. Last book is coming out this September and the midnight release is set for the 9th. I'm going to try to be there to get my book signed by the author.

*Forgot to mention, every one of the book titles pays homage to movie master, Clint Eastwood.**

I go read her blog and post some too. It was a nice surprise to see that she reads her posters comments and knows them somewhat. I was surprised that she remembered my alias and glad to meet the person behind the alias I use.

Um, I got a kickass recipe for Pumpkin bread and I'm taking my kids to see How to Train Your Dragon 2 this Sunday. But that's all I got right now. Anything else requires awarrant :wink:
Went to see 22 Jump Street last week. Funny and silly. Could turn my brain off and enjoy it.

Just picked up the Lego movie DVD. Fantastic movie and animation. The CGI really looks like stop motion.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Has anyone else see How to Train Your Dragon 2? Not sure the story is very strong, but the kids are sure excited to see it. Sam, they loved the Lego Movie when I relented to let them watch it at the discount theater. It's funny how animators have been trying for so long to not make it look jerky, or like claymation, and this movie strived for it.
Speaking of 22 Jump Street, I think it's awesome that Chris Miller and Phil Lord have become so huge. I first discovered these guys when I stumbled across a little show called Clone High. The Lego Movie was one of the best films I'd seen in some time.
Fred Buer wrote:But I am much like an ever-present benevolent overlord; always watching, always listening. Much like Superman. Or the NSA. Whichever you prefer.

-Fred
Don't you know, S Man actually works for the NSA - the Daily Planet gig is just a front?
We went to see Maleficent yesterday. It was actually quite a bit better than I was anticipating. It had a 'Disney' ending of course, but I expected that.....

re: fiction. Not sure if it's ever been mentioned here, but I like the Honor Harrington series by David Weber, and there are now a LOT of books in the series and its spinoffs.