Tesla Effect - Walkthrough needed

Hi there,

Tesla Effect really seems to be a great game but also a hard one. I'm stuck pretty early and so I'm looking for a walkthrough that is NOT a video (because that takes you all the fun).
Does anyone know a text-based Tex-walkthrough? ;)

Thanks a lot for help!
I'm sure someone is working on it now, but a quick question. Are you stuck on something that is not in the online hint system? If it's early on in the game I can help you. I'm in Day 5.

Cheers!
Where is this online hint system?
kicker04 wrote:Hi there,

Tesla Effect really seems to be a great game but also a hard one. I'm stuck pretty early and so I'm looking for a walkthrough that is NOT a video (because that takes you all the fun).
Does anyone know a text-based Tex-walkthrough? ;)

Thanks a lot for help!
Haha! Oh man, you sound like me! I don't want a video walk through either, lol can't figure out why I hate the video ones so much...maybe because they're TOO MUCH information? I usually just need a HINT and I skim the walkthroughs and maybe see one word that tips me off to what Im missing. I still want to challenge myself but hate combing an area and having NO IDEA what to do seemingly forever!
Right click to pull up the inventory system, etc. The last button at the bottom of the circle has ? marks. Click on that to pull up the the hint system. It will tell you the tasks that need to be completed and what to do.
sonieb33 wrote: Haha! Oh man, you sound like me! I don't want a video walk through either, lol can't figure out why I hate the video ones so much...maybe because they're TOO MUCH information? I usually just need a HINT and I skim the walkthroughs and maybe see one word that tips me off to what Im missing. I still want to challenge myself but hate combing an area and having NO IDEA what to do seemingly forever!

Exactly! :) Toss the videos. Like I said they're taking all the fun cause they act like spoilers. Unfortunately there are everywhere and it's hard to get a written walkthrough these days. Maybe cause it's less work. But when there is a text solution for Tesla Effect please let me know. :) Until then I wait for an epiphany...
Jen wrote:Right click to pull up the inventory system, etc. The last button at the bottom of the circle has ? marks. Click on that to pull up the the hint system. It will tell you the tasks that need to be completed and what to do.
Ah, you mean the ingame system? Unfortunately I chose the gamers mode (maybe an act of overestimation) ;) and it seems like I can't change that anymore. So it's not accessible.
Bummer. If you are not far into the game Id suggest starting over. I'm in a location that is kicking my ass.
Eventually, text walkthroughs will appear on GameFAQs and Steam and etc... but who's going to write them? I guess that has to be us
Scratch that. I got it.

Dav
Just a normal guy, who knows a humble P.I, trying to save the world as we know it.
Jen wrote:Right click to pull up the inventory system, etc. The last button at the bottom of the circle has ? marks. Click on that to pull up the the hint system. It will tell you the tasks that need to be completed and what to do.
Unfortunately the in game hint system sucks. There are a couple of puzzles that don't even make sense and it doesn't tell you what to do to solve them! Like the energy puzzle at Tesla. you have to make the "correct" colour combinations to turn the satellite green, but what the hell is the "correct' colour combination??? There is no clue as to EXACTLY what you have to do. The only choice is to bypass the puzzle.
Hey do you guys want to get together and do it? We could divide up the days and assign 1 person for each thing.

For the really hard puzzles, who ever solved them can just contribute their solutions.

I'd be happy to help write a day. I can also offer to gather up all the entries and put it together into one document in word or pdf file at the end.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
GaryHollman wrote:
Unfortunately the in game hint system sucks. There are a couple of puzzles that don't even make sense and it doesn't tell you what to do to solve them! Like the energy puzzle at Tesla. you have to make the "correct" colour combinations to turn the satellite green, but what the hell is the "correct' colour combination??? There is no clue as to EXACTLY what you have to do. The only choice is to bypass the puzzle.
I can help with this puzzle, hopefully without giving it all away ;)

First question: can you see all 3 colours: red, yellow, green? If not, adjust your screen brightness until you can see all 3.

Next, notice how the left and right arrow buttons (underneath the 2 columns of colours) change the colours. Play with them a bit to see how they work.

Now, check out the 2 up and down arrows under the 2 columns of colours). Play with them a bit to see what they do. Watch closely.

I think that's enough to get you going. If you want more help, post back.
The game does not need a walkthrough but a few guides is only needed,

1. comic book locations
2. puzzel guides
3. guide on how to get through the lazer puzzel
4. paths guide

tex tells you where you have to go next & if you get the hologram on strike its only talking to more people gets you past this.

all these guides are available from steam except the laser puzzel.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =261524721
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
I have nothing to add to this thread except for telling people how happy it makes me to know that I'm not the only one on here who is stuck somewhere in the game.

But I don't want a use walkthrough. Took me ages to get through Pandora and I'm glad this one is putting up a fight too.