Cubase, Living the Ultimate Tex Dream

I'd like to give a shout out to Cubase and all the awesome work he's done to help bring Tex back from oblivion. I know he wasn't alone in the production, but Cub is one of our own. He's lived the ultimate Tex dream, going from super-fan like the rest of us here at the UTM community, to actually being a key participant in the creation of a new Tex Murphy game.

After playing through the game I can see where his time was spent and that only true fan knows where to put the "love" into the production. I've been doing film/television stuff for 25 years now, so I can see right there on the screen how much work was done for Tesla Effect. I just want to say good job sir. I'm sure there were many stressful days and nights for you, but I want to commend you and say it was all very well spent.

Thank you, and the entire Tesla Effect team, for giving us fans another go at a Tex Murphy game. It's been a long ride, but it was definitely worth the wait. It was an absolute joy to play once again as Tex, and I have a feeling it wouldn't have turned out the same without your involvement. So have your favorite drink of choice, pat yourself on the back, and know that you have done a good job. Not to mention you completed the ultimate fan evolution. Here's to you and may your future keep looking bright!
Here, here. :)
"When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas." Jean Harlow
Last edited by Chandler on May 12, 2014 • 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Well said Stu. Mat is obviously a talented, dedicated guy, and it shows is TE. Not to mention, he moved all the way from OZ to Utah to do this!
Indeed, you put it all eloquently :) And he's still putting more love into the game by taking in feedback/reviews/critiques and bug reports for future patches. As I said on the Big Finish forums, the game will go to even greater heights with him on the case! :D
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Mat and Bjorn contributions to Tesla Effect are numerous and magnificent. We are so blessed to be able to enjoy the fruits of their labors. :mrgreen:
Not to detract from Cub's well-deserved praise, but Rockefeller's contributions are many and inestimable as well. Thanks, guys.
~ Member: Tex Murphy's Mutant League, Crazy 888's Chapter~
*Revitalizing Old San Francisco's Chandler Avenue District With Style*

(also known as Steve Douglas, but usually by people less awesome than UTMers)
It still just blows my mind, to look back to pre-2012 and imagine that a few of us would make a new, really good Tex game :shock: We keep saying it over and over, but it's still amazing
* salutes from dark candlelit corner-booth, bourbon glass in-hand…it's been a looong couple years dude…to us Cub…the video guys… gulp *

Bests, Rockefeller 8)
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

"ERROR: Error Code Does Not Indicate An Error"
And you know what? It's the video that's been getting most of the praise from reviews on this fame. So congrats on that!
Agreed!
rockefeller wrote:* salutes from dark candlelit corner-booth, bourbon glass in-hand…it's been a looong couple years dude…to us Cub…the video guys… gulp *
* gasps at the sudden cold sensation in his lap as the realization slowly dawns on him that the bottom part of his bourbon glass remains on the coaster, while the rest of his bourbon is soaking through his pants. *

:lol: (You had to be there, guys.)
~ Member: Tex Murphy's Mutant League, Crazy 888's Chapter~
*Revitalizing Old San Francisco's Chandler Avenue District With Style*

(also known as Steve Douglas, but usually by people less awesome than UTMers)
Hah! At least I got a free meal out of it…too bad it didn't taste much better than a soiled diaper though…

Bests, Rockefeller 8)
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

"ERROR: Error Code Does Not Indicate An Error"