Tesla Effect Intro cut scene

What do you think of intro cut scene will be like in Tesla Effect with fantastic music? You think it'll be longer then Overseer intro, Pandora Directive intro, or TM Overseer intro?
It will definitely have to be something that meets long term and new fans halfway. For this reason it will kind of be like a pre-credits sequence to a 007 or Mission Impossible film where we get a scene that gives us a general run-down on the situation and establish the narrative while also giving us fans both a welcome back and a reminder of what's at stake. I predict; Tex wakes up on the steps of his office, flashback to the final minute of Overseer then open credits followed by a cinematic bringing us into the present day Tex and then finally game play.
Cubase was hinting that the intro is going to be especially epic. I don't what this means in terms of length, but given how long we know the FMV part of the game is, I'm expecting it to be pretty hefty.

Although personally, I hope the balance of cutscene/dialog scene vs Gameplay/investigation in this game hasn't been seriously altered. I enjoy the cut scenes, but I don't want this to turn into Metal Gear Solid 4 where I'm watching for 20 minutes at a time either.
Well, I've had a vision of what I expect for a while, though I'm probably way off. I had thought it might start with a recap of Overseer's ending. Not so much a "previously on", more like showing the last minute or so of that as if it were part of Tesla Effect. Once Tex gets shot, I was envisioning a quick cut to an exciting opening credits that somehow indicates the passage of time. I also thought we might see some electricity effects there. After that, we'd see Tex waking up outside his office. Where it goes from there, I'm not sure.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. But I'm sure we're in for a treat one way or another. I imagine it will be quite a bit different than the opening scenes we're used to, which have tended to be more toned down.

Another thought that has occurred to me is that we might see another nightmare that acts as a recap, but also teases the new game...
Frogacuda wrote:Cubase was hinting that the intro is going to be especially epic.
You know what, he was right. :D

I just Googled Tesla Effect intro because I wanted to watch it again without having to start a new game and came across this thread. I have to say best intro ever to a Tex game. Way to go guys. :D
~ Member: Tex Murphy's Mutant League, Crazy 888's Chapter~
*Revitalizing Old San Francisco's Chandler Avenue District With Style*

The Unofficial Project Fedora Theme Song
talon2000uk wrote:I have to say best intro ever to a Tex game. Way to go guys. :D
Completely agreed. I played the intro three times already and dragged my husband up to see it, too.

So well done.
~Gaming Let's Plays served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~

http://www.youtube.com/TheJessaChannel

Playing Tex Murphy right now! Click for a playlist!