Took A Walk ...

Got the game with help from fellow Message Board members. And thank you.

First thing, leaving the office behind, was to walk the street. Yes. Just walked through the neighborhood for old times sake.

The game/world can wait.

When I returned from my tours in Viet Nam, I took the time to walk the memories of the ol' neighborhood. After being gone 16 years, I owed it to myself to see the life-level roads of one's youth. ...

OK. (This is getting a little maudlin.)

Got that out of my system.

Now back into the case at hand.

Ema Nymton
~ @ : o ?
We Cheat The Other Guy And Pass The Savings On To You.
Last edited by talon2000uk on May 08, 2014 • 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I know how you feel. Got a tingle down my spine when I stepped out of Tex's office this morning. in an instant I was taken back 20 years to the day I first played UAKM. :D
~ Member: Tex Murphy's Mutant League, Crazy 888's Chapter~
*Revitalizing Old San Francisco's Chandler Avenue District With Style*

The Unofficial Project Fedora Theme Song
:) Ahhh...
I did the EXACT same thing. I just wandered around Chandler as if I'd just come home from a long, long trip.
Same. That's why I'm baffled at the short amount of time it's been taking some people to get really far in the game - I had to comb every square inch of Chandler multiple times! :D

(also known as Steve Douglas, but usually by people less awesome than UTMers)
I know I spent a while clicking everything in Tex's office before going down to Chandler.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Sam, same here. Then it hit me as I'm standing at the top of the stairs outside the door looking down at the old place. I swear I could almost smell the air. Made the lip wobble again a bit.
Then I walked in every alley, looked at every damn thing and eventually after soaking in the atmos, I decided the first person to go see was our old pal Louie.
I'm a seasoned gal and I have revisited a few places in my life and felt that familiar melancholy for old, sometimes lost times on a handful of occasions.
I swear, coming home to Chandler Avenue beats almost all of them, maybe excepting 2 or 3. People just would not get how much this means to us unless they connected with Tex, his friends and his surroundings the way we did - for those that have been part of the journey truly feel like coming home after a long long time on the road.
"When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas." Jean Harlow
emanymton wrote:.

First thing, leaving the office behind, was to walk the street. Yes. Just walked through the neighborhood for old times sake.
That's a perfectly fitting way of describing it. Old friends, familiar locations with some new stories. I decided as of last night that sadly i'm going to need to abstain until mid-June as that is when exams are over. I don't know how I will, but i'll just have to. Nothing would please me more than to have an hour a day as recreation while exams are on, but I want to immerse myself in it, not just use it as a casual past-time as my first run through.
sam10100 wrote:I know I spent a while clicking everything in Tex's office before going down to Chandler.
I've been insanely busy this week and had time only to play for about 20 minutes so far, but this is exactly what I've been doing.
"Wow, the city looks great from Coit Tower! I wonder how close I can get to the edge?"

... Oops. :oops:
joliet_jane wrote:"Wow, the city looks great from Coit Tower! I wonder how close I can get to the edge?"

Heh, same here.

(also known as Steve Douglas, but usually by people less awesome than UTMers)
My first minutes were same I and could not wait to have chat with Loui.
Jerry Dan wrote:
joliet_jane wrote:"Wow, the city looks great from Coit Tower! I wonder how close I can get to the edge?"

Heh, same here.
LOL.. I was merely trying it because I'm like.. "hmm I wonder if there's collision detection on this led..... Nope... there wasn't"