If I downloaded the Beta am I precluded from the Steam versi

Apologies for dual posting as this post has appeared on both the Kickstarter and BFG forums but I haven't had any insight yet.

I recently logged onto GOG to check out the store page for Tesla and it tells me that I already own the game. The only way it could think this is because I did download the Beta through entering the necessary code to activate the download. I personally would prefer to redeem my backer entitlement via Steam but i'm concerned I now won't be able to because I participated in the Beta.

Any thoughts?
I think it will be fixed up later, previously gog called it tesla effect preview now it thinks we have purchased the game.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
I thought that might be the case. As both a PC and a MAC user, I like the idea of having access to the game via STEAM as I already have that installed on both machines. The automatic updates are a bit of a plus too along with the potential achievements.
The Steam page makes no mention if achievements or trading cards. I'm not sure if that's normal for pre-order or not. If it isn't, then I don't think we'll be getting those, at least not at launch.