I played the Beta on Oculus Rift

Using Tridef's Oculus Rift support, I played through almost the entire beta on the Rift. The puzzles are unplayable. I knew the solution to the first puzzle, so I just skipped it. I had to drop out at the second puzzle and play it "in normal boring 2d".

I spent quite a bit of time fine tuning the Tridef settings to make it look as good as it did. Possibly someone who knows more about Tridef and 3D reprojection could improve on my setting as well. I can post the settings I used if anyone else cares to try them.

I had played through the entire beta twice before trying it in the Rift, so I can't say how hard it would have been to actually "find" things with the rift on. As most of you all know, the resolution is pretty poor in the DK1, which actually makes some of the poorer textures in the beta blend in.

I was worried that the video segments would be horribly unwatchable in the Rift, but the settings I used for the rest of the game were pretty decent for the video stuff. Not optimal, but watchable and playable.

Overall, it was fantastic to be "in" the beta. Here's hoping the final product works as well as the beta, and maybe even a little bit better.
Gur, Gur bëhet mur.