New Doctor Who

What do you think of the new Doctor Who, He seemed so nervous. :?
Peter Capaldi is absolutely the right man for the job and I have a feeling this will be my favourite ever era of Doctor Who. I've always wanted an older actor in the role, he's ideal. Time to snatch the show away from the 16 year old Twilight fan girls!
I completely agree with you Joel. So looking forward to someone older and less childish. I did not like their trend of younger and younger Doctors. I was afraid the next one might have been a teenager. :(

I'm tired of them trying to imply all these sexual feelings between the companions and the Doctor. I am curious how they are going to play things now. Hopefully more like Pertwee or Baker's time. I don't like to think about hanky panky happening inside the Tardis.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
sam10100 wrote:I don't like to think about hanky panky happening inside the Tardis.
Well, we know the TARDIS has been around the block a time or two... Over the millennia...

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Joel wrote:Peter Capaldi is absolutely the right man for the job and I have a feeling this will be my favourite ever era of Doctor Who. I've always wanted an older actor in the role, he's ideal. Time to snatch the show away from the 16 year old Twilight fan girls!
He totally is the best choice they've made for a while and I couldn't agree more that it is time to dump the Twilight girls whose only goal is to fancy the Doctor...
Yay to Peter Capaldi - it's going to be much more interesting now, the best choice certainly in this era. He may even get to beat my all time favourite, Tom Baker (hm, not sure though).

It'll be interesting if nothing else.
"When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas." Jean Harlow
I remember him quite vividly in the Pompeii episode so it will be nice to see him in the role of the Doctor and I wonder whether he will have a beard and moustache (as I've seen in some photos) or whether he won't. I kind of think that he would look more like the originals with one. Hope he appears in the 50th episode but I think it's too late for that.
David
The interesting thing about the Doctors is the contrast between each of them. Going from Smith, which I liked, to Capaldi, which I'm already sold on, makes it all that much better. Keeps things fresh. Say what you will about Smith, but after Tennant, who was terrific but seemed overall tired and emotionally heavy in the end, he kept things fresh.

Capaldi will bring something else entirely to the series, and will no doubt give us a few great seasons!
Part-Time Nomad
Frank wrote:The interesting thing about the Doctors is the contrast between each of them. Going from Smith, which I liked, to Capaldi, which I'm already sold on, makes it all that much better. Keeps things fresh. Say what you will about Smith, but after Tennant, who was terrific but seemed overall tired and emotionally heavy in the end, he kept things fresh.

Capaldi will bring something else entirely to the series, and will no doubt give us a few great seasons!
I agree that the potential for this to happen is very strong but keep in mind too that we still have the same Producer and, from what we know, the same mix of writers. As long as they write for a 55 year old actor, then everything will be fine. What I mean is, the scripts need to address the Doctor's intellectuality differently than what they've been writing for Tennant and Smith. Honestly, Tennant could have performed Smith's scripts comfortably, as good as Smith was in the role.

This is where the pacing and subject matter needs to alter. The first good thing is that i'm quietly confident that they'll do away with the romantic aspects of the Doctor to companion partnership. But I want to see this Doctor think a lot more, and who better to portray that type of Doctor than Peter Capaldi? That means, less waving of the sonic screwdriver as a plot convenience device, less focus on being "epic" and more of that creepy, nail biting tension we got in the older days when it was just the Doctor and a monster standing only 3 feet apart.