Pandora GOG for windows - ProblemsFlying with alien abductor

Hi, I am playing again after 10 years the Pandora Directive which I downloaded from GOG in my PC with Windows 7.
I cannot go through the fan with the alien abductor.
In the walkthroughs they usually they say: first go down as much as possible until you can go no further and then go up until you can go no further. But this does not work for me.
I have the feeling that for some reason I cannot go playing through Windows as high as if I would be playing directly with DOS...
The highest coordinates I get are 102 and the lowest 92.
Anybody else has had that problem and found a way to solve it??????
I never go down. I will just raise the abductor to the highest possible height and continue holding the up arrow until just before the opening in the fan comes up. Then I fly straight through.

Ultimately, it shouldn't matter, though. As I recall there are only two fans to pass through and it takes more than two hits to die (the reason for Tex's death is amusing if you've never let it happen :) ). Once you finish with every room (3 on entertainment and 4 on game players) just hit the "home" button and you won't need to go back through the fans. If you don't remember where the rooms are, check a walkthrough and make sure you go through them in order so that you don't have to backtrack through the fans if they still cause you trouble.
Many thanks for the quick answer!!!
I was thinking it would take days until somebody answer to this... :D
Unfortunately, I still have the same problem. I do not die. When I come near to the ventilator and try to cross it, I am suddenly back again in the same room before the ventilator.It does not matter if I go as high as possible when I am in front of it... I've tried going more to the right or to the left, but it did not help...
You can't actually get past the fan? I'm not sure I've heard about that problem before. You are going through during the gap, I guess? One fan has one blade and the other has two. I think there is a three-blade fan somewhere but if you're trying to get past that, you're going the wrong way.

The only other thing I can think of (and this sounds really silly) but you are changing your elevation rather than tilting your camera view up, right? :)
I am afraid I was trying to go through the wrong fan!!! :x
The question now is that I have already used the weigh bar to stop the fan and I cannot take it out, so I will have to load another saved game, where I still have the bar (if I have still one...! :cry: )
Wait, I think I understand now. You're talking about the fan before you put the abductor in the vents? In that case Tex won't let you unless you have combined it with the battery pack and remote.

With regards to the two big fans in the hallways, you can go through either and once you put the bar in one, the other one should stop too I think. Either way you can get where you need to go through either fan.
Well, I am really lost now. I have the allien abductor with battery and remote and I am before the big fan in one of the rooms. The fan in the other room did not stop.
If I had your email address I could send you a print screen of the situation, or let me know if I can send you trough this post, if it is possible and you prefer it.
And many, many thanks for all your help! :D
fernandosan1953 wrote:Unfortunately, I still have the same problem. I do not die. When I come near to the ventilator and try to cross it, I am suddenly back again in the same room before the ventilator.It does not matter if I go as high as possible when I am in front of it... I've tried going more to the right or to the left, but it did not help...
I think I have the answer for you!

When you first put the Alien Abductor into the ventilation shaft, you see the fan in front of you with the weight bar jammed in – but that is your view from inside the vent, and the Abductor is actually facing back out toward the room where Tex is standing. This is why when you fly forward and go through the fan, you wind up back in the room outside the vent. So, in order to continue on through the ventilation ducts, turn the Abductor around 180°, and you should see your path laid out before you.

Hope that helps!
YES, YES, YES!!!!!!
Many, many thanks again!!
And congratulations that you managed to think what was happening!!
You are a genius!!! :D
I never really got that.