Project Fedora Incentive - T-Shirt size

Hello all,

Just a quick question. I went to update my information for the physical incentives and came across the T-shirt size. I never gave it much thought at first but I know face myself doubting whether or not I'm choosing the right size. Now - I'm no American, so I don't know how much inches are in centimetres and I don't know what they mean by for example the following:

XL (Chest 24, Body 31, Sleeve 20 5/8)

Could anyone please elaborate for me how I should measure myself in order to figure out which size I need?

Thank you :-)
The dimensions are taken from using a tape measure around your body.

Chest refers to the measuring the biggest part of your chest. Typically right across your pecs.

Body refers to the length of your torso.

In this case I guess sleeves must refer to the circumference of your bicep. I don't usually see this as an option for sizes on t shirts. That seems a bit weird.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
I just can't really see what they mean by:

"Chest is measured across while laid flat"

To me the measurements are completely off ... I do have a bit of a belly, but even the XXL T-shirt is way off when measuring. 26 inches around the chest is 66 cm and the biggest part of my chest is over 100 cm. That doesn't make sense to me - at all.
Okay I see what they are doing. They are just measuring the front of the shirt and not the circumference of your chest.

Oh I think this is what they mean by the sleeve measurement.
http://www.freshpair.com/fit-and-size/m ... hirts.html
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
They truly are rather queer ways to take dimensions! Don't think I've seen chest measured that way before.

I see Denmark as your location. Rule of thumb, go down one size from what you're used to at home.
Part-Time Nomad
I just took the largest size available , found their measurements slightly confusing.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
I did go down one size from what I normally use as I had the exact same thought as you, Frank :-)

So if it ends up being too small, I just have another goal to reach in 2013 :-)