FUNDED!!!

It was one of my questions.
I think, like many of this board, that you deserve so much recognition for all the work you've done for this campaign. It was so professional and so helpful ! Plus, it proved to everybody how much some fan's are (were!) willing to do to bring Tex.

Thank you again, and to rockfeller too!
Yeah, Cub, you definitely are the man! CJ said it himself!

Have fun in SLC when ya go - Or was it that you wanted to invite CJ&AC over? Either way, you deserve it! Thanks for your awesome creative contributions, as well as monetary.
I guess I misused the word Humbled... by definition it can mean "to feel belittled"... I meant that I felt respectfully embarrassed having been mentioned in front of such great people, yet appreciative of the gesture and kind words. I hope that still falls under the definition? Otherwise I probably now look like a goof!

And yes, Rockefeller... without him it would not be possible either! He is, and always will be my go-to animation guy.

And dkbtf, that was you?? Wow, thanks man! And everyone else, we all deserve such amazing kudos for sticking by our hero! Solid team effort!

-Cub. =o)
You deserved every bit of the praise you got, mate! You've done well!

And Bjørn? Jævlig bra jobba! ;)

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Too right. You deserve the praise. :)
Kristin
"It's a three-sixty! *CRUNCH*....He's fouled..."
I will look for your name in the credits, my man!
Part-Time Nomad
Frank wrote:I will look for your name in the credits, my man!
And not just in the Special Thanks either ;)
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Thanks All! This has been an excellent ride for all of us I'm sure! And thank you to everyone who did that little extra to spread the word and make this happen - you have all been integral parts of this operation, without whom none of this may have been possible. We're finally getting a new Tex Murphy game guys! And in a way I'm glad things turned out the way they did. I mean think about it. Say they had wrapped up the series 10-14 years ago with the technology of the day. Where would we all be now? Would this community even exist? I have no idea, but I do know this ~ with today's technology, plus the ability to share our experience with this wonderful circle of individual's we've come to know and love over the years, this game will be well worth the wait! And hopefully it will inspire game-designers all around to get with the program and start offering worthwhile experiences once again!

Bests, Rockefeller 8)

P.S. Cubster, ol' buddy ol' pal - don't forget to gimme a ring when they fly you out to Salt Lake :wink:
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

"ERROR: Error Code Does Not Indicate An Error"
Last edited by Sai on June 16, 2012 • 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Well done on all your awesome 3D work Rockefeller.
rockefeller wrote:And in a way I'm glad things turned out the way they did. I mean think about it. Say they had wrapped up the series 10-14 years ago with the technology of the day. Where would we all be now?
Yeah thats true, in a way that cliffhanger has sort of extended its lifeline out to the future. I have heard some say FMV with live actors was a method ahead of its time. There were some real gems (not just Tex Murphy but also some other lesser known ones e.g. Black Dahlia etc.) even back then which makes it a shame, if they had been at the forefront I think that the method wouldn't have died. After all there have been runs of "bad movies" in the film industry, and there are people who love "bad movies" too, but seeing live actors at the cinema is not seen as a "bad" thing since the gems get enough publicity. I am a big fan of animation, I am eagerly anticiapting the game Wrath of the White Witch (animated by Studio Ghibli who do animated films like Spirited Away etc.), but I am still curious as there should be allowed for there to be a mix.

There was the recent Darkstar game with live actors which came out but sadly I heard that due to production delays the tech fell behind (started production 2000 but released in 2011) so reception was mixed. Some here also mentioned Conspiracies but that the story/characters fell flat or something. But the next Tex game has a time period in mind for production and the story by Aaron, a professional author, is already outlined so it'll be getting off on the right foot.

Also I thought the guys would be pushing to the limit the current HD film and green screen tech we have today as well as the out-of-box great game engines etc. But I didn't think there would be any tech they could "pioneer" again like in past games with all the existing tech out there. Until Adrian dropped hints in that Adventure-Treff interview that is:
we will be using certain proprietary software that will revolutionize FMV in the Tex Murphy games. Once the game is complete we can talk again about how we did it.
I also liked what the programmer said in the Countdown stream about making every effort to make it really seamless between video and gameplay. I wonder how they'll do that but as Adrian says I will have to wait and see! :)
sam10100 wrote:Oh Matt surely you know how well respected your talents are in the Tex community.
What she said and more! You're a Legend and my second favorite Aussie too mate! Image
This is how we Kick It! GO BIG (Finish) or Go Home!

"All people who generalize are idiots"
Congratulations Cub ;) Definitely well deserved.
It's gonna be kind of upsetting not seeing those News Updates... There just aren't words to describe the dedication seen in each of them... Congrats to all involved...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
This is such a happy moment. My first exposure to Tex was when my daughter and I walked into Best Buy in 1994 and saw UAKM on the shelves. I told her, "I heard some good things about this game" and bought it. Well, that got the two us hooked.

It has been a long journey to get to this point, and we have to thank the true-believers who have helped make it possible to bring Tex back. I've been a lurker on this site for many years and know how dedicated you are. For that, I am grateful.

The Kickstarter was such fun and it was great to see so many Tex supporters come together to should their support in a very real, and legally binding way. :)

Kudos to everyone and I will try not to be so much of a lurker going forward.
widgetwrangler wrote:My first exposure to Tex was when my daughter and I walked into Best Buy in 1994 and saw UAKM on the shelves.
Same here (minus having a daughter). I remember to this day walking into a not so local Best Buy here (I live in a rural area) and seeing UAKM sitting on the shelf. I picked it up and checked out the box and knew I had to have this game. It wouldn't run on my mom's 386 no matter what I tried, so I went out and bought a new PC. Just to play that game lol. Tex Murphy is the reason I bought my first PC way back then.

Good to have him back!
I might aswell complete the series of images I was doing :D
By the way I'll probably post this to Big Finish facebook but is my math right, I'm still a bit sleep deprived.... OK I admit it, I hate maths :lol: I wanted to round up 135% to get 3 digits like the others instead of 607,500 so I put 608.