Things To Do So I Don't Lose My Mind

So, instead of going back and forth between here, the kickstarter page, and the kicktraq page constantly abusing my F5 button, I really need to find something to take my mind off of this. A playthrough of the last three (or maybe all 5) games might be in order, but then again that might just make it worse :lol:

Was thinking about playing a bunch of old FMV games (GK2, Phantasmagoria (1 and 2...i know, i know) and others). What are you guys doin?
To be honest, between my master's thesis, upcoming Star Wars LARP and making custom graphics for Ultima 7 via Exult, I've got plenty of things to keep me occupied.
People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed
-Bob Dylan
Crowley wrote:To be honest, between my master's thesis, upcoming Star Wars LARP and making custom graphics for Ultima 7 via Exult, I've got plenty of things to keep me occupied.

What are you studying, if you don't mind me asking? And how in the world are you going to do SW LARP? I mean, lightsabers, sure, but surely there will be people with blasters.
My wife and I have been group playing Pandora Directive. Since last year I'd been introducing her to the classic adventure games and more specifically the FMV ones. She loved UAKM and Phantasmagoria 2 specifically.

I've been debating playing GK2, since it's one I've never played at all... In fact, I'd never played ANY GK game yet. The only Sierra series that I never tried even a little bit for no particular reason. I've picked up both GK1 and GK3 this year but have been having a heck of a time getting GK2. Yeah, I know, GOG, but I'm a collector that has to get the original. Though at this rate I'm going to end up buying the download as I hunt down a complete GK2... Anyone have any suggestions, SHOULD I start at GK1 or just start with the one I'm more interested and play one if I enjoyed 2?

I also picked up Fox Hunt. Another FMV game that until a short while ago I didn't know existed. Seems there were a bunch of these titles that came out (probably mostly bad) that I'd never heard of. Ripper being another one, which I'd only learned of because Giant Bomb did a "Random PC Game" video of it.
I'm pretty keen on the fact that gog.com finally put out The 7th Guest earlier this year.
"The real world is bizarre enough for me." - Blue Öyster Cult
Speaking of FMV adventure games, I loved Mission Critical, and Michael Dorn was solid.
Trilaan wrote:I'm pretty keen on the fact that gog.com finally put out The 7th Guest earlier this year.
Really? I never quite got into 7th guest. But, then, I don't generally like the horror genre.
LockeCole wrote:My wife and I have been group playing Pandora Directive. Since last year I'd been introducing her to the classic adventure games and more specifically the FMV ones. She loved UAKM and Phantasmagoria 2 specifically.

I've been debating playing GK2, since it's one I've never played at all... In fact, I'd never played ANY GK game yet. The only Sierra series that I never tried even a little bit for no particular reason. I've picked up both GK1 and GK3 this year but have been having a heck of a time getting GK2. Yeah, I know, GOG, but I'm a collector that has to get the original. Though at this rate I'm going to end up buying the download as I hunt down a complete GK2... Anyone have any suggestions, SHOULD I start at GK1 or just start with the one I'm more interested and play one if I enjoyed 2?

I also picked up Fox Hunt. Another FMV game that until a short while ago I didn't know existed. Seems there were a bunch of these titles that came out (probably mostly bad) that I'd never heard of. Ripper being another one, which I'd only learned of because Giant Bomb did a "Random PC Game" video of it.
Man, I'd to anything to try and convince my fianceé to play video games with me. Right now, she is so anti-video games it's not funny! Guess that's what I love about her, we are two extremes! And that's probably why I am decided to make my financial contribution to Fedora my own little secret! haha

-Cub. =o)
Cubase wrote:
LockeCole wrote:My wife and I have been group playing Pandora Directive. Since last year I'd been introducing her to the classic adventure games and more specifically the FMV ones. She loved UAKM and Phantasmagoria 2 specifically.

Man, I'd to anything to try and convince my fianceé to play video games with me. Right now, she is so anti-video games it's not funny! Guess that's what I love about her, we are two extremes! And that's probably why I am decided to make my financial contribution to Fedora my own little secret! haha

-Cub. =o)
Cub:

I am right there with you. I will be interested to see how my wife reacts when she finds out I contributed. But, it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

On the game-playing front my wife is no help, but my son will play. However, he is obsessed with Little Big Planet right now, so I'm on my own with Tex.
Lindhorst wrote:
Crowley wrote:To be honest, between my master's thesis, upcoming Star Wars LARP and making custom graphics for Ultima 7 via Exult, I've got plenty of things to keep me occupied.

What are you studying, if you don't mind me asking? And how in the world are you going to do SW LARP? I mean, lightsabers, sure, but surely there will be people with blasters.
Hey, that's for the organizers to figure out, not me. And I'm a history major.
People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed
-Bob Dylan
Cubase wrote:

-Cub. =o)
My wife's been a gamer forever. It's how I met her actually, on a Phantasy Star chatroom.

The only BAD thing about having a partner who games is deciding who plays 'game X'. ...Or not being able to play a game without her home because then she'll have missed something, or not playing a game that I'm playing when she isn't home once she is home because it'll spoil her on something if it's a game she wants to get around to at some point.

It's a logistical nightmare at times. Sometimes to the point we're at a stalemate of what to play that we end up not playing anything. This is why I wish there were more couch co-op games and less online only multiplayer games.
i played gk series in chronological order and still think, that the first one made the most powerful impact in terms of story and such... but that was a long time ago, so maybe i was just young and sensitive
currently my girlfriend watches me playing first broken sword (at last i got to this series!) and help me out from time to time
on ps3 (yes, i have one) i was playing pixeljunk shooter 2 (right after i completed pixeljunk shooter 1 respectively), but that was before yesterday, when silent hill hd collection arrived in the mail, so i was getting my pants wet a little in the evening
Things to do? Ruin a great song by changing its lyrics!

There must be some way out of here
Said the P.I. to the Tim
There's too much illusion
I'm truly getting grim

Businessmen they drank our wine
Publishers dug our earth
None of them along the line
Knew what any of it was worth

There's a new reason to get excited
The Tim, he kindly spoke
There are many here among them
Who think this system is a joke

But you and I we've been through that
And this is not our fate
So let us not talk falsely now
The hour is getting late

All along the Kickstarter
Pinkerton kept the view
While all the pledgers came and went
A few lurkers, too

Outside in the distance
A fanbase did growl
Two Spacemen were approaching
The wind began to howl
Part-Time Nomad
Cubase wrote:

-Cub. =o)
*engages in covert operation to have Cub's fiancee' mobile phone destroyed so my SMS isn't discovered*
Nicely done Jimmy, I mean Frank! :D