I am concerned about all this crap

Conspiracies II was 3d, but yeah that's about the only one I know of.
I have been playing Overseer recently, and I think the interface is quite good. Very user friendly, and easy to understand. I like it a lot better than Pandora's interface.
I wonder what ideas Chris has to make it more seamless?
Cathy
Frogacuda wrote:Yeah, Kickstarter people are super fickle. Almost every big one had some big controversy that people flipped out over.

Double Fine had people flipping out over Steam distribution and DRM.

Wasteland had a big controversy over proposed "social" elements.

Larry had a lot of flak about being a remake.

SpaceVenture ground to a screeching halt because dumbfucks thought it was a browser game because they released a silly "prototype" on Chrome.

Shadowrun had people upset because of a proposed "backer exclusive" dlc thing, much like Tex (except not exclusive to any particular tier).

This Tex DRM controversy was particularly strange because it seemed to be largely fabricated in the first place. I also read someone talking about how they were positive it would be a pre-rendered 3D game like Myst IV... Sometimes people just hear $#it in their head and run with it.
I couldn't have summarized better!

I followed all the controversies you mentioned.

Also, people just DON'T read the updates nor the previous comments before they post their own retarded conclusion.

For instance, there were many complaining that Wasteland 2 wouldn't run on Linux after Brian Fargo announced he decided to use Unity for the game engine (which I thought was an awesome choice both because it's a top quality engine and to save money), even though he announced many times (plus myself and others explained other many times on the KS comments section and Facebook) that Unity has provided inXile with the source code of Unity so they can work on the port for Linux.

Ppl just DON'T read, EVER!
my voice just wrote:
Sai wrote:Chris said about how much he wants to make the world more immersive and seamless switching between modes during the gameplay
i thought it was pretty much achieved in overseer
("seamless switching", not immersion)
Yeah its more the immersion side he talked about. But I also thought the bits about wanting to make technical improvements that'll make the game easier to play was a hint at a interface update. Though I shouldnt of said switching specifically, I guess I still had Aaron's FMV article in my head which talked about switching but not in terms of gameplay, oops.

Chris Jones on retronick:
"Well you know I think the deal with DukeNukem is in my mind you do have to update and upgrade and I didn't really get that feeling from that product. Its nice to be a retro product but you also have to realise that techniques have improved and those really have to be built into what you're doing. So just from the standpoint of our heritage we like to push the envelope and we like to make sure of whatever we can do to make the game easier to play or more enjoyable. We definitely take all of those things very seriously and we want to make those technical improvements to make it more fun."

And on the Kickstarter it mentions a "sleek new interface", which could mean just visually or could mean making a "smoother" interface technically. A video about the gameplay in past games that also talks about the new game might talk about both the immersion and what their ideas are for updating the interface (if any). As well as of course hitting home how the games went further than most FMV games on the gameplay side and how they hope to do the same if not even better in a new game.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
hgorni
nice to see some trent reznor [fan] down here
Sai wrote:on the Kickstarter it mentions a "sleek new interface"
hope it`s not "one-click-for-all" kind of "sleek"
Yeah I think that they should still have different actions etc. so that you still have options to mess around with. I'm not familiar with adventure games interface on tablets though which they already confirmed as a possibility if it exceeds funding as well as maybe IOS phones, xbox etc.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
The complaining about the DRM stuff was mainly the work of one guy who posted again and again and again, well after his point was made. It became obvious that he is just trying to draw more attention to himself at this point, thinking he's leading some sort of crusade. Hopefully he'll just be ignored now and it'll be done with.

I really hope he didn't do too much damage, because while I was expecting the donations to be a good deal lower on the second day, I didn't realize they would drop this low. Hopefully, it just needs a few more days and a bit more coverage once the Diablo and Max Payne frenzy settles down. To have finally made it to this point and to get just the bare minimum (I don't even want to think about not getting the full funding) would be a tragedy.

But enough of that sad talk. I'm sure it'll be great and my worries will be in vain!
Lindhorst, I was hoping for up to $20K more today. I think we lost between 5K and 10K from retracted pledges while the unfounded fearmongering was occurring. I'm really hoping we get most of that back in the next couple days, but while I and several others were just encouraging people to hold their pledges and trust CJ/AC to listen to the community's concerns (as the DLC issue demonstrated they do), that guy was fighting all day to drive people off.

I worked hard on maintaining my conciliatory, upbeat tone (successfully, I dare say), but he really made me angry/sad.
Well, it has been resolved to his satisfaction (the mass poster), so hopefully this will blow over. The whole thing should be buried in the comments in a day or two.
I've seen some annoying guys on kickstarter but that guy takes the cake. He was being insulting and trolling. I really would like a report button on kickstarter for such cases. Did anyone notice that there isn't any kind of button for reporting inappropriate stuff on kickstarter or any kind of way to contact a moderator? Hell of a way to run a site. All in all it was not a bad day, we raised 30k in pledges. Some more coverage is needed. I haven't seen the project on any major website today, unfortunately.
well no-one can post unless they pledge, I didn't realise that people could take the money back.

Not sure if we are all talking about the same person but it generated from some private messages from big finish which was different from what was posted in the update, this is what I got from posts on gog forum.

Hopefully this is the end of the confusion.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
If anything it at least also puts people's minds at ease - the debate is now over, there's no reason for people to not pledge. $291k to go.....
David
hope we make 50% by the end of the week
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town