Project Fedora Video Promos - Support Aaron and Chris!

marso84 wrote:I grabbed that from Cubase awhile ago. Not too sure where he got it from but I just had to use it.

I've got afew more promo ideas in my head... I'll work on my next one tonight.... looks like I'll be up to 4am again making it!

- Chris M
Nice work on the video mate. Can't wait for the next one.

Re the audio track; composed it myself... Good seeing you put it to good use!

-Cub. =o).
I will support Aaron and Chris in another way. Very soon we (Adventure-Treff) will publish an interview with Chris Jones which has all the news on the new game, the Kickstarter campaign, but also the history of Tex in general. I already received the answers from Chris. Now I'll just need to translate them. Of course we will also publish the English version so all of you can read it. :) I think that Chris did a great job with the interview so please stay tuned...

Aside of that we will also publish a guest column from Chris on the same day the Kickstarter campaign starts. Unfortunately, the Tex Murphy series doesen't have that many fans in Germany so I hope that this article (along with the interview) could help to spread the words among our readers. But of course these articles aren't only adressed at German adventure game players, but also at YOU, the readers of Adventure Gamers, Gameboomers etc.
I will give you the links to the articles as soon as we published them.
As always, you do more than your part to keep the flame going on the german front :wink: Thanks for that!
Part-Time Nomad
Last edited by Chief05 on April 17, 2012 • 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey guys!

This is my attempt to pay tribute to the fantastic Tex Murphy series! I tried to take a different approach - a more darker, serious approach in this fake trailer. While we all also love Tex because of his goofiness - I do too! - I thought we should also show the hardboiled detective/noir side of Tex Murphy and all the conspiracies going on.
I always thought that the series had a perfect balance between comedy and seriousness. ;)

I hope you like the trailer and maybe you could help spread it out along with booty1983's awesome promo videos? That would be awesome! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2eebUIDlA

I had so much ideas, but unfortunately I could only squeeze some of them into this 2 minute trailer :-P So perhaps I will make more trailers/promos if I have time :)
The music btw. is "Opening Credits" from "Deus Ex Human Revolution" by Michael McCann.

Cheers
Chief05
Now that was impressive! I must say, you really have a good eye for composition and timing. It's was very well structured and the choice of dialogue used to overlay the images was perfect.

I would not worry about it not being longer. The way I see it, that was the perfect length! Great choice of music too!

Keep up the good work mate, and don't be a stranger!

-Cub. =o)
Cub is right, the sense of timing is impeccable. While I enjoyed the whole thing, I would say the first 35 seconds are litterally picture-perfect, frame for frame. The finale as well, while I'm at it.

Wasn't Kevin McCarthy fabulous? Oh yes he was :)
Part-Time Nomad
FINALLY someone has added the black arrow killer scene

good work, gee the way we are going we could do our own tex murphy movie!
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Holy smokes there is SO much talent out there! Love this new trailer Chief, please sit yourself right down and stay.

:D

I certainly hope you sent that to Big Finish on the contact page.
Wow, thank you SO much for your kind words! I'm really glad you like it! :mrgreen:
Jen wrote:I certainly hope you sent that to Big Finish on the contact page.
Done! ;)

EDIT: Whoops, just noticed a typo in the trailer. Of course it's "Escape from Thunder Island", and not "to". xD
Here's my next video that I've put together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPFVf6r8 ... e=youtu.be

- Chris M
Tex Murphy: Australia
http://www.texmurphyaustralia.net/wp
Chief05 wrote:Hey guys!

This is my attempt to pay tribute to the fantastic Tex Murphy series! I tried to take a different approach - a more darker, serious approach in this fake trailer. While we all also love Tex because of his goofiness - I do too! - I thought we should also show the hardboiled detective/noir side of Tex Murphy and all the conspiracies going on.
I always thought that the series had a perfect balance between comedy and seriousness. ;)

I hope you like the trailer and maybe you could help spread it out along with booty1983's awesome promo videos? That would be awesome! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2eebUIDlA

I had so much ideas, but unfortunately I could only squeeze some of them into this 2 minute trailer :-P So perhaps I will make more trailers/promos if I have time :)
The music btw. is "Opening Credits" from "Deus Ex Human Revolution" by Michael McCann.

Cheers
Chief05
Love it!
We've come for your Daughter, Chuck!
Clever idea Chris! Excellently done!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj7adTP8 ... ature=plcp

Here's my 2nd behind the scenes type deal.

Good job Chris!
We've come for your Daughter, Chuck!