Tex Game Demos

Does anyone have the demo versions of UAKM, Pandora, and Overseer? These would be great for having newcomers test them out to encourage them to buy the games on GOG.

I sent an e-mail to Big Finish Games asking if they had demo versions of the games, and they said they would look for them. If they don’t have them, do any of you have them?

I have the UAKM demo lying around here somewhere, but I haven’t tried get it to work with DosBox yet, but I’m sure that shouldn’t be too hard. I don’t have demos for the other two games though. The UAKM demo was short and only included the alley behind Rook’s, but it did include the conversations with Clint the Bum. How big was the Pandora demo? Did it include just one location, or an entire Day? I believe the Overseer demo included Day One in its entirety. Is that correct? That would be a great demo to get people to buy the games.
Texstarter wrote:Does anyone have the demo versions of UAKM, Pandora, and Overseer? These would be great for having newcomers test them out to encourage them to buy the games on GOG.

I sent an e-mail to Big Finish Games asking if they had demo versions of the games, and they said they would look for them. If they don’t have them, do any of you have them?

I have the UAKM demo lying around here somewhere, but I haven’t tried get it to work with DosBox yet, but I’m sure that shouldn’t be too hard. I don’t have demos for the other two games though. The UAKM demo was short and only included the alley behind Rook’s, but it did include the conversations with Clint the Bum. How big was the Pandora demo? Did it include just one location, or an entire Day? I believe the Overseer demo included Day One in its entirety. Is that correct? That would be a great demo to get people to buy the games.
It appeared to be a bit of a tedious process to get the full games working in modern OSes, and the effort paid of for the full versions which are now on GOG. I doubt whether or not someone would bother creating self-sufficient install packages in the same fashion for the demos.

For $10 people can buy the full game, or occasionally score a deal when they are on special on GOG. Demo's for older games are almost redundant these days because of this.

That's just my $0.02

-Cub. =o)
I've still got a copy of UAKM's demo around here somewhere, and it can be used in a simple DosBox setup.

Problem is I wasn't aware that Pandora or Overseer had demos.
I have the demo for the Pandora Directive. The VR location in it was Elijah Witt's apartment and his security system was already deactivated. It also had A/B/C conversations with Chelsee, Nilo, and Cross and gave you an overview of the game. Didn't know UAKM and Overseer also had demos. What was Overseer's like?
Bjyman wrote:I have the demo for the Pandora Directive. The VR location in it was Elijah Witt's apartment and his security system was already deactivated. It also had A/B/C conversations with Chelsee, Nilo, and Cross and gave you an overview of the game. Didn't know UAKM and Overseer also had demos. What was Overseer's like?
Overseers demo was basically all of "Day One". And also featured the trailer.
Tex Murphy: Australia
http://www.texmurphyaustralia.net/wp
I have all the demos. I even think I have demos of Mean Streets and Martian Memorandum around here somewhere too.
"Frankie says 'Relax and wear a Hawaiian shirt' ". --Tex Murphy, PI
I DID get the Under a Killing Moon demo working with DosBox! It works really well. I could upload it somewhere. It will need a bat file so it’s easily playable by the average gamer though.

Someone should upload the Pandora demo somewhere. Elijah Witt's apartment was a really cool location, and the Nilo, Cross, and Chelsee conversations were really interesting.
You can upload them here in the downloads page. Or is the file size too big?
"If at first you don't succeed,
redefine sucess."
- Sowden
www.nineteenthstar.cjb.net
www.sowden.cjb.net
@ texstarter:
please upload the uakm demo! :-)
Sowden wrote:You can upload them here in the downloads page. Or is the file size too big?
The UAKM demo, compressed as hard as 7zip can go, is 108 MB. That's probably too big. But I suppose I could try...
If it's too big, you can email it to me and I'll pop it onto my webspace.
Tex Murphy: Australia
http://www.texmurphyaustralia.net/wp
Nope...

"Error
Encountered error: The maximum upload size has been exceeded "

Now for plan B.
Maybe it's just me, but since I actually had to pay money to get my Pandora Directive Demo CD does anyone see a conflict of interest here? I've posted a thread over at Big Finish to have official sharing.
paying for demos is so outdated
It's funny everyone is talking about this. I just found a demo of UAKM at a place called Barn of Bargains in Morganfield, KY for $2!! Not a scratch on it and in the original case with the $5 rebate sticker still attached to the front. I was stoked!!
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”