Problems with UAKM

you have downloaded dos box but have you installed it.
if so in the config file for dos box you need to mount your cd drive.
type this down the bottom of the config file after this line " autoexec.bat mount these lines after startup" this is assuming your cd drive is D

mount D D:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -ioctl
mount E E:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -ioctl

mount C C:\
C:

after dos box mounts C: cd:\moon when that loads type moon.
this is assuming you have installed uakm.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Yes I have installed DOSBox, and can open it and enter commands, but my PC won't let me install UAKM because it says it's not supported by my version of Windows. I thought that I had to use DOSBox to install it? Also when I 'm in DOSBox I am not able to type this "\" symbol. any thoughts on why I can't type a "\"? It looks like I need that symbol in order to put the commands you showed. And my disc drive is E.
I have running on 64 win 7, & I even installed it on a flash drive & then mounted it in dos box.
I haven't got the moon disk any more to test as I have converted it to a hard disk version.
but using the below instruction, copy & paste so you are not typing it wrong & have the disk in your drive also. after it states it has mounted the cd rom, type e: enter
& then type install.

mount E E:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -ioctl

type below into dos box options file (which is the new name for dos box config file)
after auteoexec mount at startup (at the bottom of the page)
C: mount E E:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -ioctl
mount C C:\moon
C:
after it tells you it has mounted moon you just type moon again & enter
Lynne
I just bought Tex Murphy Mean Streets and Martian Memorandum from GOG.com, and Mean Streets works great. But whenever I try to run Martian Memorandum, the DOSBox window appears for a second then the screen flashes black twice as if it's about to run and the Martian Memorandum icon is shown on the toolbar on my desktop but then it stops and leaves me on my desktop and the game is no longer open/running. anybody know why?
I didn't buy MS and MM from GOG, I already had them so I'm not sure how they come... Do they come in a single Download together or are they 2 separate downloads???

My only suggestion would be to uninstall MM and reinstall it... Delete it completely from your system if you think it will help, since you can download your games from GOG as much as you want you aren't losing anything but the time it takes to download... But just start with the reinstalling first, then if you still encounter problems, do the entire deletion method, and if you still have issues you'll need to take it up with GOG at that point...

Hope you get running... Also Teen Agent, which is a FREE game from GOG is pretty old school and good for some laughs... Some parts are quite challenging too...
Beneath A Steel Sky is another good one that is FREE...
Can't hurt trying them out since they are Free, worst case is you don't like them and delete them...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Bafitis wrote:I didn't buy MS and MM from GOG, I already had them so I'm not sure how they come... Do they come in a single Download together or are they 2 separate downloads???

My only suggestion would be to uninstall MM and reinstall it... Delete it completely from your system if you think it will help, since you can download your games from GOG as much as you want you aren't losing anything but the time it takes to download... But just start with the reinstalling first, then if you still encounter problems, do the entire deletion method, and if you still have issues you'll need to take it up with GOG at that point...

Hope you get running... Also Teen Agent, which is a FREE game from GOG is pretty old school and good for some laughs... Some parts are quite challenging too...
Beneath A Steel Sky is another good one that is FREE...
Can't hurt trying them out since they are Free, worst case is you don't like them and delete them...
I did uninstall it, twice, but I never actually went into my Hard disk to delete it. I guess I'll try that. And yeah both of those games popped up when I made an acount, since they're free I might as well try them out.

I just went to a local thrift store to look around at the meager selection of assorted used objects, and when flipping threw some old CD's I came across, Pandora Directive discs 4-6. I gasped aloud and I didn't let it out of my sight until checkout. 1-3 were no where to be found but it didn't matter, No scratches at all, it was totally unexpected but a very pleasant surprise.
finding pandora with the first 3 disks missing is no find at all.
Lynne
no, not in a convenience sense, but in my area, it's not very common to come across such things, and I always like supporting this store. Also I've seen discs 1-3 for sale online for very cheap numerous times. I'm the kind of person who if there is something I'm a fan of, like say an old movie that is a favorite of mine, in an extreme way, then I'd buy it on VHS even if it was a warped copy, or buying Heavy Rain even though I don't own A PS3 for example. It doesn't make sense for other people to do this necessarily, but for me it is just fine. I'm sure most people already have tons of clutter in their house, but I like to keep my belongings to a minimum, with the exception of having those few books, movies, games, paintings, or other sentimental things to keep on the shelf.
i've seen you around but i don't think you know me that well.
just thought i pop in and say hi.
Cheap Marc Jacobs Handbags cheap burberry handbags burberry totes bags Pandora Beads
I use Windows XP, it's not normally connected to the internet ..

Cartier RingCartier Bracelet